Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Cal BBQ followup pictures

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Jun 10, 2006.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Hey Branndon, thanks for putting it all together. Had a great time, wonderful group of folks. And amazingly, it wasn't my truck that needed to be wrenched upon. A good day.

Thanks again!:waytogo:

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Looks like you guys had fun, wish I coulda gone:( . So what is this about wrenchin?:D

Ira

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Wish you coulda been there. Would have been fun to meet you.

You'd think there wouldn't be much need for wrenching in a parking lot... one of the guy's (not a member yet) steering box was pretty much broken off the frame, the whole thing was moving up and down over an inch when he turned the wheel, which he could only really do to the left.:eek1: Frame was broken too, of course.

So, the guys tried to fix it enough for him to get home - only a few miles away so wouldn't have been too bad except for the no wheel turning part... the whole thing was too trashed and unsafe so he wound up calling for a tow.

Looks like he broke it jumpin the rig. He had video of it on his phone. Pretty cool to watch. Blazers don't fly well. Pretty cool rig tho. Actually the guys who brought theirs - all of them were cool, capable rigs. Was fun to see them.

5. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I drove 1.5 hours to pick up The Kid today and 30 minutes to get there. I made it to Wier canyon off the freeway and almost to the gate when my wife call and told me she had an accident at the house and needed me there right away. so after toll roading it home over the hill I spent the day watching moovies on the couch. almost 3 hours driving for Nada. Sory I missed you all.

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ouch, that really sucks! Hope everything is alright at home. If you ever want to drive back out here to hang out some time. My pool is open, and I love to grill burgers.

7. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

yeah i had a good time guys, maybe make it an annual thing

8. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Looks like it was a good time. I'm bummed I missed it. I tried my best to get out of work but it ended up being a long day and I didn't get home until just after 6:30(and thats starting at 7am:crazy:) Maybe towards the end of summer we can work out another one along the lines of what Branndon said...pool party/bbq.

9. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am totaly local. It was just a long O.C. Excursion. Mission Viejo to Stanton to Anaheim Hills to Mission again. As for the Wife she will be fine. she is having back problems we are working through. I got home and she was still laying on the floor watching TV. she is up and walking this morning.

10. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

sorry i didnt make it guys .. my freind said i could use his trailer friday night so i took the blazer out to ocitillo wells .. first time ive been out in it offroading in over 1 year so we got their about 11 and unloaded very quickly and ended up back at camp at 330 in the morning then kind of slept for 2 hours .. then woke up and offroaded for another 2 hours .. it got hot then we left so by the time i got home it was 1030 and i just passed out till about 4 ... to tired to drive another 1hr to meet up with you guys .. i got some video of yesterday morning in the blazer though .. freind sucks at filming but oh well ill post it once i can load it

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

at least you got to wheel :)

12. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sorry I couldn't get a ride, and my g/f wanted to go to the beach so we bummed a ride down there. I love it out here is soo beautiful. I might move out here in the future

13. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

hay Branndon, thanks for putting this thing together. I had a good time and it was good to meet all who showed up. to bad everyone else who would have liked to have shown up could not make it, would have been cool to meet you too. maybe next time. hated to have to bail when we did but we had a long drive ahead of us. the park was awesome. my boy had fun playin on all the kid stuff to play on too. I would be cool with a annual BBQ or something. could do it in a few different places, or that park is fine too. obviously there has to be a wheeling BBQ trip sometime too. :D

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  14. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Ooops, sorry I'm late, was emptying my front axle today.
    Good outing. This is how regional clubs get started.
    I don't know of any L.A. Basin GM Fullsize clubs. Maybe we could loosely organize.:thinking: For barn raisings and that sort of stuff.:haha:

15. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Can we put a basin regional club together that could do yard work at my house? :p::haha:

16. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

there is the socal big dawgs, they kinda branched off from ck5 a few years ago. I like being part of ck5's offroad club, lol so cal chapter :)

17. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I like the idea of a CK5 chapter myself too.

18. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Hmmm. Well, there's interest.:D

19. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Branndon, thanks for setting it up. The family and I had a blast. That was a very nice park. The kids want to go back. It was great meeting everyone that went. IT was a very friendly gathering if that makes sense. It was great meeting a lot of people that I just see pictures of on the site. Looking forward to next time. Thanks again to everyone.

p.s. It's great to finally put some faces to some posts by people you know.