Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Cal Big Bear Trail Ride and Cleanup!

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by kpanza, Apr 12, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Saturday April 20th we will be joining several other clubs and volunteers to help the San Bernardino National Forest clean up the trails in the White Mountain area of Big Bear. This will be an all day event, so please plan on spending the day with us! We are meeting at 9:00AM sharp at the Fawnskin Fire Department in Fawnskin (North side of Big Bear Lake, opposite side as Big Bear city and the ski resorts). The event should be over by about 3-4PM. Please bring a shovel and a rake with you. Also, please wear boots, long pants, a long sleeve shirt, a hat, work gloves and sunblock! You will also need to bring a lunch and water. After the cleanup, we plan on having a barbecue at our cabin in Green Valley lake if anyone is interested.

Then, Sunday April 21st, we will be going out to have fun on the trails! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif We can decide which trails to do depending on who shows up, but we are hoping to do John Bull and some other trails like Holcomb Creek. We will try to end up near Green Valley Lake, so that we can go and check out our Club Adopt A Trail, 2N83!

Please let me know if you can go to either one of these events! The trail cleanup is for a very good cause, and helps us four wheelers out, because they will be re-opening the areas we clean up for us to use! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

me and rich are still trying to get over broken parts from Azusa oh BTW get permission slips LOL

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Are dogs allowed on the trails we will be cleaning up?

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I am sure that they would want them to be leashed to the vehicles while we are working, but I don't know that for a fact. I will email Greg Hoffman and find out what he says...

Speaking of dogs on the trail, if any of you guys that have dogs are interested, I can get a pretty good price on the "Roadie" seat belt restraints made especially for your 4 legged friends!! Ryan has one for Bailey, and it probably saved his life on his first roll over...otherwise the dog gets thrown around, which would be real sad. We sell them on the site here at work, so I could get them for a little over cost.

Larry, I will get back to you when I find out...

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

OK Keith, and I would be interested in one of those restraints for Tabby. My blonde lab...

6. mule

mule Registered Member

after a all new front end im ready and well
    be there hope we get as good as turn out as auza

7. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Just heard that there might be a raffle and a bbq after the cleanup if the Forest Service gets the grant money they were seeking for it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif So, we will see if it pans out, that would be nice if it did. See you guys up there this weekend!

8. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Man this sounds like fun, but I CANT MAKE IT! I tried getting sick and not going to the party in Fresno but I couldn't any other plans of getting together in the near future?

9. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

i'll be riding shotgun with rich don't think the lift will be done on mine by then been workin every day since azusa!!!

10. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

That's too bad, it is looking like it will be quite fun! We are definitely doing the BBQ and party afterwards at our cabin in Green Valley Lake, all are welcome to come by! Bring your favorite BBQ items and your liquid refreshments! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Also, if you plan on sleeping over, please bring your sleeping bags and pillows, etc...we have plenty of floor space if need be, as well as a large deck if we get that many people...and you always have yur trucks in the back yard as well...

I think Lynn has some interesting trails in mind for Sunday, one is THE HIGHEST trail in So Cal, up on Lightning Peak! We will decide which trails to run when we get there and see what the trucks are set up for...either way, we will do something fun for everyone!

See you up there Saturday!! Remember, it might be kinda chilly (temps have been in the 50s daytime and 30s nighttime!), so be prepared! Late winter weather here...

11. Headbanger

Headbanger 1/2 ton status

Keith, with the FS barbee happening and the RAFFLE, are we gonna do both or plan on doing your cabin or what?

12. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I was thinking that we would do the BBQ at the cabin, but I am up for ideas...I am bringing the deep fryer and am gonna be cooking up some chicken wings for those that like them. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif If we do end up getting done with the cleanup earlier than 4PM, I guess we could grab a hotdog and then still be hungry later by the time we get back to the cabin, fool around with the RTI ramp and have a few beers?

My preference would be to BBQ at the cabin, what do you think?

13. Headbanger

Headbanger 1/2 ton status

Well I hate to pass up the opportunity to win something at a raffle. We could find out when it is and plan around it? Whatever works!