Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Cal CK5ers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Esteban86K5, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I put this up in the Non-4X4 Forum but only 3 people replied in a week so I'm guessing not all of you go to that forum.

The more I view all of these forums and posts, the more I see people mention that they live in So Cal. Now my question is, if there are so many guys/gals locally then why don't we see more new faces on our monthly runs?

So here it goes. Lets hear from everyone that lives South of Bakersfield. I'm curious to see how many guys/gals there actually are from So Cal. Don't be shy, just say where you're located and what you drive.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

2. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

El Cajon... (San Diego County)-Jim

88 5.7 5in lift 35"procomp at's
    700-208-456-3in exh w/flowlowder 10 bolts & some ORD stuff

3. horsepit

horsepit Registered Member

Ventura, CA, still looking for a clean '88-'91. Otherwise a '99 Corvette 'vert and a '01 T5 Volvo.

Insearch of a Blazer.

4. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

OK....I'll bite.........

Oceanside.......Ca........92056

And yes Esteban.....I do own a K5. I just don't have enough money to operate it, let alone upgrade it......[​IMG]

See Ya,
    Keith

<font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/californiak5>CaliforniaK5's Pictures</a>

5. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

Imperial Beach(San Diego). Stock 91, so far.

6. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

el cajon

Surfing is Life...

7. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Hi, my name is Keith Panza and I am afraid to come out anymore because Esteban's truck is SO HUGE that I feel inadequate!! [​IMG] he,he I drive a smallish 87 with little 35" tires (I'm so embarrassed!) [​IMG]

8. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Hi I'm Leland, I used to go fourwheeling, but now i too am intimidated by that huge 86 with the monster 37" tires, My puny K5 just doesn't match up to a Machine of that Magnitude, I'm in Orange County, By the way, in case anybody wants to start a support group for those in fear of Estebans Truck.

Oh and BTW i think i remember Grimmy saying something about hating roll calls, stop breaking the rules Esteban, damn!

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

9. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Yes , I live in Long Beach (near Downtown), yeah I know! I drive an white blazer with a 6inch lift with smallish 36 in tires. oh and my name is Larry and i am a Kfiveaholic

10. Esteban86K5

Keith V.-- I saw pics of your rig with the lift on and it looks good.[​IMG] What sixe tires you gonna put on it?

Keith P.-- You afraid? Sure buddy!! Just wait a few more months and then <font color=red>BLAM!!!!</font color=red> here comes Kieth with his 38.5, D60 and Klune-V just waltzing over everything that he points his front tires at.[​IMG]

Jim-- Your rig sounds ready to go!! get off your computer and get a wheeling!!

Horsepit-- come out with us anyways. just hop in someone elses truck for the time being.

Pr1aw-- what are you plans for your rig?

Jeremy(Bigblue)--What can I say, YOUR THE MAN!![​IMG]

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

11. Esteban86K5

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Support Group<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

HA.............HA..................HA...............![​IMG]

And I tried to put this one the NoN 4x4 Forum but you guys are too busy to check that forum so I HAD to put it here.[​IMG]

Grim can you just let it ride for a week?[​IMG]

12. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

My name is Dan and I am a Blazeraholic.
    I live on the border of LA and OC.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

13. californiak5

Well....I was going to go with 36" TSL radials, but then I started thinking that if I have to break out the saw and relieve some of the fenders for their own safty [​IMG] that I might as well make room for 38 x 14.5 x 16.5 TSL radials. [​IMG].

Plus that way I won't have to be afraid of your 37" tires.[​IMG]

It will be a while thou, I still need to get the D60 and 14B installed (with the cross over steering) and I have to deal with a motor that apears to be on it's way out.[​IMG] And pay off the X-mass bills, and so on, and so on, and so on,..................... Damn, I need to hit the lotto. [​IMG]

See Ya,
    Keith

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/californiak5>CaliforniaK5's Pictures</a>

14. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Always trying to be badder than everyone else Esteban.....watch out when I get my 40's hehe

Surfing is Life...

15. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Always trying to be badder than everyone else Esteban.....watch out when I get my 40's hehe

Surfing is Life...

16. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Thousand Oaks, and currently without a running 4x4.[​IMG] Which means I'm stuck in 2wd with my Silverado pickup. Hope to get the Suburban running in time for some trips next summer, though.[​IMG]

Robb
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>'73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI</a>

17. californiak5

I can't wait to see that thing in person. [​IMG] It sounds like a beast.

See Ya,
    Keith

18. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Me too, Keith![​IMG] I'm finally getting to the point where I can see some light at the end of the tunnel with this project; just hoping that it's not a train.[​IMG] If I can get the fuel system plumbed and the computer wired in, I should be able to turn the key. It won't go anywhere, but it will be nice to hear it run at least.

Seeya,

Robb
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>'73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI</a>

19. hoserr

hoserr Registered Member

chula visita for me. i have beaucou wheelin places down here in the south bay area. anybody interest PM me an we'll hook up. got a 74 k5 with cutout doors an the usual stuff, d44 limited,12b detroit,t-400/205,33"
    crossover steering from ORD,blah blah

uh, think it'll fit?<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by hoserr on 12/19/01 03:10 PM.</FONT></P>

20. Anteak

Anteak 1/2 ton status

73, 350, 365, 205, 10 Front, 12 Rear, 4" lift, 33 M/Ts

Live in Hemet, work in Temecula. South of Riverside &amp; close to San Diego County.

Just sounds like a lot of numbers.