Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Cal Fires !!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TONYP, Oct 26, 2003.

1. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I live by the beach here in So Cal (Huntington Beach) and the fires were having are making a f-up day...
    Smoke and ash all over the place, and Santa Ana winds started last night bringing in high winds and dry hot air (just what a fire needs). So were packing up the kids and heading down to San Diego to get out of the smoke... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

from what i hear san diego isnt gonna be much better. theres two fires burning near my home. they are up in the hills thou, no homes threatened fortunatly. the smoke is a killer. brush fires suck!!!!!

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Apparently the only place with good air right now is my house /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'm east of Chatsworth and west of Pasadena. Even Pasadena's air is getting bad -air by my place is still clear. At least for today.

SD is in bad shape, Simi Valley/Chatsworth is getting bad too. Maybe Malibu would be a better move as far as the coast goes.... or maybe someplace in Oregon.

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

your right...I was thinking I could go south and get out of the smoke, was trying to call my mom on the way down but her phone was busy...by the time I was able to talk to her we could see the smoke from all the San Diego fires...she lives in Poway and we were on the roof with the hose watching the fire all around us...

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

That doesn't look good Tony. Maybe time to pack some things??

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

mom made it through fine...we were on the roof watching the fire all around us and watched four houses go up, but it never got into us...about 1/4 mile away then it was stoped by the fire fighter...

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

1/4 mile is dangerously close! Hope all the fuel burned away.