Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Cal K5ers...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StageZ, Aug 1, 2001.

1. StageZ

StageZ Registered Member

I'm looking for some sand dunes to test my new bike on... I was wondering if you guys can recomend a good place with dunes and that is not too populated and legal? In fact, any good place with some wide open space to break in a new cr250.....

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

You've got Glamis down South. and you've got Pismo Beach up north. It all depends on what kind of weather you want. Glamis is <font color=red>HOT</font color=red> and Pismo is <font color=blue>COOL</font color=blue>. I don't know if you'd want to break in a BRAND new bike on the dunes. The sand puts A LOT of stress on dirtbikes. You might want to take it to the dessert and open it up on some of the LONG flat roads out there. I really don't know what the normal break-in time of a bike is nor it's procedure. There are tons of tracks in SoCal that you can ride also. Just ask your local bike shop. They should be able to tell you all about them.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CHATA?

3. tyler t.

tyler t. 1/2 ton status

Try Red Rock Canyon it has the best of both worlds...there are some sandy areas and lots of mx tracks and trails. It is south of Ridgecrest on the 14. If you need more info pm me.

J:(P it's what's for dinner!