Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Cal Memorial Day Trail Pictures

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, May 30, 2001.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Here are some pictures of our Memorial Day weekend trip to the Big Bear area. We did the Gold Mountain Trail (3N69) and the John Bull Trail (3N10) on Sunday, and it was a blast! John Bull is rated as the toughest trail in Big Bear by most books. We were lucky enough to make it through with no failures, just lots of scrapes, dents and scratches! [​IMG] Monday we did the Dishpan Springs Trail, although we were down to just myself, Blazen91 (Mike) and John and Vickie in their Wrangler.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292593049&code=1779445&mode=invite>http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292593049&code=1779445&mode=invite</A>

Keith

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Cool pics .And lots of em too :)

All work and no beer makes Frizz a dull boy

3. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Hey Keith,

Nice tree stump.........[​IMG]........it looks like it did not like the side of the K5. So........are ya talking to Mike about some rock sliders now?[​IMG]

Looks like I missed a good trip.

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yeah, and that is with about 30 taken out!! [​IMG] My brother likes taking them, so it is nice to have him come along. Only problem is that now he has just bought his own 4x4, so he will be driving instead of taking pictures now! ha,ha I guess I will have to return the favor now...

5. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yes sir, I am ordering up some sliders as soon as I get the cash. I went up the stump with the left side tires just fine, but thinking I could get "more air" under the tires if I did it with the right side led me to that slip...it was quite a drop, and that Smittybuilt luckily took the brunt of it, no body damage. But after seeing mike's Sliders on the rocks, they are a must have item! It was a great trip, everything was nice - the weather, the people, hard trails, no breakage! I think we plan on going back up to Big Bear soon, so you will have to try and make it!

6. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

looks liek fun
    awesome trail

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

kpanza,
    Which Mike and sliders are we talkin about here? I am looking thru the pics to try an identify.....

8. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

David,

That would be Mike, AKA "Blazen91", and his truck is the white one with the soft top on it. Send him an email if you are interested, his sliders are awesome, and from what I saw him use them on this weekend, they are tough as nails!!

Keith

9. 2Dogs

Thanks.
    You guys had a BIG group - looks like fun.
    Where in the state are those trails?
    Dave

10. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Well, that was actually half of the group that we had last time!! Those trails are down here in Southern California, up in the Big Bear Lake area of the San Bernardino Mountains. Awesome area, plenty of really tough trails and beautiful scenery. I believe that the San Bernardino trail system is the largest in the country, there are trails everywhere!

If you're ever in this part of California, Big Bear is definitely worth a day or two!! And let us know, I am sure a couple of us would join you!

Keith

11. 2Dogs

Will do. Likewise for this area. I know quite a few areas North of the Bay Area All the way up to Washington.
    NoCal is my 'home turf' tho.
    Dave