Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Cal run

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen91, Nov 6, 2001.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I just wanted to thank every one who turned out last weekend for the run. A special thanks to kpanza for getting every thing set up as always. It was one the best runs I have been on. I lost count on how many trails we run, but it was alot. Thanks to all you guys!!

<font color=red>Land use issues.Get involved or all you will be able to do is jump curbs at the mall.</font color=red>

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

And thank you Mike for allowing us to stay at your house. (Awesome place BTW) I've been talking to Keith and I think we are gonna start to plan the next one SOON. I had a blast seeing everyone again. Can't wait to do it again.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Ya what Mike said, it was a blast, and the lock righted 44 survived another trip, yay, And no fender rub, i love the sawzall. Oh and Mike if you want to try out some prototype sliders on a 75 just let me know, i'll drive out and let you test fit a pair, although i'll probably lay 30 feet of rubber getting out of there before you could take them back off, Ha! Next trip, snow maybe?

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

It was a assome run. We covered alot of miles! I still can't believe what John made that Nissan do!

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

5. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

LOL!! I am hoping to find some time soon to get mine on!!

Yeah, that was a great trip! The weather was nice (except for Dan!), no dust, nice and cool. We sure did do a lot of miles! And no major damage - a success in my book!

Esteban and I were talking about another trip maybe before New Years? He was talking about maybe going up towards Gorman, do the "Miller Jeep Trail"??? Anyone know anything about this trail? And we will definitely have to do a snow trip as soon as the white stuff starts falling! Also, I am going to check out what kind of organized runs are going to be held over New Year's weekend, is anyone interested in anything like that??

6. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

We also had a ton of fun. You guys are awesome! Thanks again Mike for the hand in fender trimming, made the rest of the day a lot nicer on my ears and tires. Cool trails with great people make it all the more fun. I would like to do Gorman soon I havent been there in about 6 months, but not very familiar with Miller Jeep Trail, lets get familiar shall we, and I am also up for NY bashes, I did Anza Last year for NY and it was great nice weather, crystal clear and even some cool fireworks show.

BTW Rockstomper said they would warranty my Rock Rod!, so go buy one!!!! They ROCK!

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

It was a great trip indeed! I have 3 full rolls of pictures from the event. Thanks to Esteban and Mike and their families for opening their houses up. Great wheelin' and a great bunch of people. Now if I can only get the Willy's down there....

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

8. Esteban86K5

I just ordered three maps from Sidekicks maps. The Hungry Valley/Gorman map which includes the Miller Jeep Trail, The Panamint Mountain map, up by Ridgecrest,and the Smuggler's Cave map, down by San Diego. As soon as I get them I'll let you guys know and we can set up a run to one of those.

The New Years run would probably be a one dayer for me if it's close by. The desert would be a good place.Like Larry said the weather should be real nice.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Esteban, let me know what you find at Panamint!! The Panamint Valley Days event is this weekend, I am pissed that I am going to miss it AGAIN! They have some sweet hardcore trails there! One of these days...

Glad everyone had a good time, we need to keep it up, try to do one a month!!

10. Esteban86K5

One a month ey?[​IMG] I like that. If I can clear it with the BOSS how does Gorman on December 2nd sound?

11. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Right now it sounds like a PLAN, but I'll check into it to make sure!! [​IMG]

12. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

Well It was great But I blew both motor mounts the trans mount I broke the 2 right side transfer case bolts at the crossover and my Cat went and my fuel pump died on the way to work this morning other than that it was great ,Buy the way dont go left when Dan tells you to!

88k5 silverado w4"lift <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.11

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I have 50 of the 75 pics back so far that I took that day. 10 more pics and I'll be dropping off the last roll. I tried to get some of each rig on each trail/obsticle. As soon as I get them all scanned in I'll be posting a link to a webshot album, do you want them on by rig, or by trail? or just titled SoCal run?
    I was thinking by rig, that way you can download them straight to your folder, or just post a link to your truck... I'll just put them up any ol' way and you can just deal with it,LOL[​IMG]

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

14. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

What you didn't like the nice view of the sky[​IMG]. I had never seen a Blazer get both front wheels off the ground unless they were jumping. But look at it this way...you almost got "Blazer of the Month"[​IMG].

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

15. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Ya, from behind him it looked scary, i thought for a minute he was trying to make his blazer sit up and beg, Good Boy! what was that 4? 5 feet of air under the entire front end? Im just glad he didn't come over backwards, his truck would've looked funny lying top down on top of mine, i mean, i don't really need a Blazer for a Hood ornament.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?