Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Cal Upcoming Events

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Dec 13, 2001.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

So Cal Wheelers,

Just thought I would let everyone know about a couple of upcoming events after the holidays, so we can all start marking our new calendars! [​IMG]

Feb 1-3 - MDA Off Road For Hope - held in Anza Borrego, this is a large event that is for the Muscular Dystrophy Assoc. I have wanted to go for years, I plan on going this year, doing some camping out there. This event also welcomes ATVs, motorcycles, etc (although they have their own separate runs). You can get more info here:

http://www.tds4x4.com/

Anyways, these should be great runs. Plus, last year we rented a motorhome for TDS and since it was off season, it was a steal! It was like $400 for 4 days rental!! Split that between 4-5 guys and it is nothing! (And believe me, it was sure nice to have it out there!) We could probably get people to go in together and get a couple?? We'll see.

Just thought I'd let everyone know...

Keith

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

The Feb 1-3 run sounds like a go to me. The only thing that will hold me up is my daugthers B-day is on the 29 so I don't know if we are having her party the week before or on that weekend.

TDS sounds good also. Keith, I like the idea of getting a group of K5's there to gives the heeps something to look at.[​IMG] I'm a little on the broke side right now(wonder why[​IMG]) so I'll probably just stay in "Hotel Del K5".

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Hey Keith,

Well, I'm in Utah until Feb 4th then following the snow for another few days wherever it takes me. I'll be in Pittsburgh lecturing at a conference on March 1st and through that weekend.

Guess we'll just have to add a ski Tahoe CK5 trip in there somewhere! [​IMG]

4. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

YEEE HAAAWWWW!!!!!!! I love it!!! Feb. woo hoo, what a great way to celebrate my unemployment, I should be getting layed off on Jan 31st.

And definitely, lets swarm TDS with fullsizes, scare then hell outta those little Jeeps. and unemployment should cover the cost of the RV.

Which reminds me, if any of you local boys are hiring, please hook me up, i need to find a job by the end of April when my severance runs out.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

what city is TruckHaven near again? my b-day is mar. 2 so it would be a nice present to me[​IMG] I am a NorCal'er so it would be a way to drive...

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

6. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Salton City, nearby Salton Sea, about 40 miles NW of El Centro(40 miles by Bird).

7. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

I was a rookie at TDS last year riding in Poff's 70 K20 http://members.home.net/lkearok/ . Now that I have the Blazer, can't wait. Lot's of fun, so many trails, you don't have to see anyone else if you don't want to. Drunk raffle is one of the highlights.

Newbie, 73 Blazer project

8. hoserr

hoserr Registered Member

kieth, i can do the TDS. my k5 hasn't been abused in a while so it's time to dent some more sheet metal.

uh, think it'll fit?<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by hoserr on 12/14/01 11:21 AM.</FONT></P>

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Sounds good guys!! They are both awesome events, let's try to get as many people out there as possible! I agree with Bobsurf, the Saturday night raffle is hilarious! If you don't RUN up to the stage (and everyone is drinking) to claim your prize, they "burn it" - meaning they draw another ticket!! They have SO MANY prizes, they don't waste ANY time waiting! We're talking sets and sets of tires, wheels, winches, welders, etc, etc!

10. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I'll look forward to attend this one.

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

11. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

As usual, its my backyard so I'll definately attend both. I'll see about rounding up some other local trucks as well.

I started with nothing and I still have most of that left! - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.echobit.com:81/k5/> Pictures</a>

12. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I'm going to have my brother check up on the motor home again...it was real nice to have that thing! Plugged in his compressor, had air tools, we even had a generator! [​IMG] I am definitely going to both of those, as well as maybe the Superstition Mountain run in January...

13. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Here is the link to the Feb 1-3 MDA Off Road For Hope run registration form. Print it out and mail it in if you are going, it's a great event and for a great cause!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.mdasandiego.com./off_road_regform.html>http://www.mdasandiego.com./off_road_regform.html</a>

14. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Aw sh*t, I just printed them out and guess what? The link they have on their site is from LAST YEAR's event, so I guess we have to wait until they come up with the new form... [​IMG]

15. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

I just went to ocotillo wells on sunday.. its 1hr &amp; 15mins from campfire to bedroom... I could probably make the drive in less than an hour. anyways I think Ill make that MDA trip..if not just to watch anyway...

I really love blowsand.. my truck FLEW up it too..

anyone else going to that MDA thing?

mike

16. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

I'll be at TDS for sure! I am going to look into the MDA trip too. If you guys haven't been TDS is one kick ass event! The people are cool, rookie or not!

Never said I could spell!
    '70 K-20 San Diego, CA