Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Cal Wheelers - Where to Next??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Jun 5, 2001.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, Keith here again. Just wondering where we are going to go next?? I know that next month is the CK5 fest up in Hollister, but that doesn't mean that we have to sit around all June waiting for it! ha,ha I was thinking about another Big Bear trip maybe the weekend of June 23-24th? Or does anyone else have any other suggestions for places that are away from the desert and the heat?? Let's hear em!

Also, last word I got on Los Coyotes! The Indians have decided that they were going to lose too much money by shutting us four wheelers out, so they have EXTENDED our ability to use the area until October! So, let's make sure we get out there again before then!

Keith

PS- Mike, I guess this frame repair is gonna set me back a while on the sliders, but rest assured, I still want them!!

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

My June is unfortunately pretty tight right now. But I'm definately gonna go to Blazer Fest. I was wondering who else is gonna go from So Cal and when your leaving? Keith I know you mentioned leaving friday morning some time back, is that still a go? Anyways lets get the caravan going.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I went to last years blazer fest at pismo. it was not as organized as the one in holister but it was fun. I moved since and it's quite a drive for me this year for one weekend. I just started working at a new place(3rd wk) and feel kinda bad asking for another vacation :-)
    I heard about your last time trip and am willing to joing in on this one. I feel kinda left out not going to holister :-(

don't mind the location just somewhere cool,

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I wish I could but... I need new tires and new body mounts now (after beating the piss out of the Blazer last weekend). But hay maby I'll be able to open the doors after the body mounts.

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm making plans to go to Blazer Fest this year, then to Florida the weekend after. I don't think I'll be going anywhere this month. I still have a lot to do to the Chevelle just to get it back on the road. Keep on posting, I may be ready to get away from the house and join in anyway.

6. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I saw some trails on the way home from the last trip. I don't remember their names, but I will get back to you.

Don't worry about the slidders. The next time I am making them, I will make you a set and we can deal with the money later.

Has anyone talked to Kennedy?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people

7. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Dude that is the best news I have heard all day! I can't wait to get my rig going for a Coyotes trip! Later..

8. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Im going to the Blazer Fest, and you guys will be driving right past here on 101
    I live at Pismo.... last years site. I plan on leaving either Friday nite or Saturday morn. Let me know if you get a caravan together.
    TORI

New '90 K5 sitting in my driveway !!!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com</A>

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Thanks Mike! I will definitely be wanting a pair, so let me know when you will be doing a set (and hopefully just like yours! he,he)

What area were you driving by on the way home Mike? Lynn sent me an email that has more pictures, so I will put up a post with the link for everyone to look at, some real good ones. Also, he informed me that the Adopt A Trail people are doing a "restoration" project on John Bull this weekend, the rocks will be even tougher next time we go!! [​IMG]

Well, we are tentatively still planning on a day of wheeling June 23-24 if anyone is interested, up in Big Bear. I will keep everyone posted. I am working on my brother to go with me to Hollister, and we are talking about towing the Blazer up there with his Yukon! That would be nice!! :)

10. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I'm in for the 23-24. I will contact you later.

Not FROM the people

11. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Ok...hopefully it will be a "shakedown" run for my little bro's Bronco, we are steadily upgrading the thing. I'll talk to you later Mike.

And also, who all is thinking of going up to Hollister, and are we going to try to caravan up? I am planning on taking Friday off, so was hoping to leave early morning Friday. I think my brother is going to tow my Blazer up there with the Yukon, that would be nice. Anyone have a spare flatbed trailer?? [​IMG]

12. Esteban86K5

Hey Keith, I'm still up for Hollister, Friday morning sounds good to me. I actually do know someone who has a flatbed but I'll have to talk to him first. We might be towing his Blazer with mine.

13. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

It looks like I will be able to make it to Blazer-Fest. Leaving on Fri morning sounds good to me if you want to meet somewere. I live on the border of LA and Orange counties. Now all I need to do is get the Blazer in good running condition.
    Anyone know of a good 4x4 shop around here? I need poly body mounts, hi-lift, tires, and a lock-right. I would like to get them local to support the shops around here and have someone to ask multiple stupid ???

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

14. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

No problem Esteban. I will probably end up renting one, no big deal. But I like the idea of riding in the nice air conditioned Yukon while we tow the Blazer! [​IMG]

And if anyone else besides Mike is interested, I still plan on going up to Big Bear area for the June 23-24 weekend...

15. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Lets take a Baja trip this fall. I know of some killer areas to head to right on the beach with sand dunes and awsome camping...

16. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I'm with you bigblue, not sure how people feel about going into baja, though. A lot of bad stories, just stay out of TJ and you'll be OK. Anyhow the "good roads" are from tecate to ensenada if you know what i mean. It'll be safer going as a big group, too. Would you mess with a bunch of guys in big blazers...

anyhow you can get more info about going into baja from
    http://www.bajanet.com/baja_roads

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

17. LA91Blazer

LA91Blazer Registered Member

Keith -
    The 23/24 sound great for Big Bear. I need to trail test the rig now that I,ve finished the first round of upgreads (I know, pic's are coming...) I was wishing I made the last trip. I was dreaming if casting for trout off the back of my K5 while I was stuck under my truck wrencing the new lift in place. I still have my wimpy POS 10 bolt, hope I can trail run with you and not suffer the same fate as Mike on the Silverwood trip. I have no funds now for that axle upgread, It will have to wait until next year. :-(
    Hopefully I wont have to sell a kidney to fill my tank, but it would still be worth it! :-)

P.S. Still hope to make the CK5 fling, will have to see how $$$ is next month, lost my salary gig and i'm having to pick up piece work, makes bugeting kinda hard.

BlazingWolf

18. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I didn't break, Jeremy did!!!!!

Not FROM the people

19. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

ha,ha I thought that would get a rise out of Mike! [​IMG] But it WAS Jeremy (Big Blue) who had the bad luck with the 10 bolt...

Maybe I was lucky, and maybe I drove carefully, but I got my 10 bolt to survive 4 years of off road abuse and it didn't break (well let me qualify that - the original Gov Loc rear end DID bust 2 weeks after I bought the truck, so it did have an Auburn LSD in their all that time)

Sounds good Will, hope you can make it up there with us! It will be the last time to test things before the big CK5 Fest up in Hollister next month!

20. Esteban86K5

Hey Keith, what day are you going to BB? If it's Sunday the 24th I might be there. What trail are you planning on doing? I will probably take my entire family so something mild for them would be good. Let me know.