Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SO CLOSE ITS KILLIN ME!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pure Insanity, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

well today was an all day thrash fest on the blazer.i gave up at 10:00.i couldnt go no more(wimp).but i got the front end on, changed distributer twice,bent all new tranny lines,assembled almost everything under the hood,new ujoints,installed two radiators(my neighbor dropped my 3 row and put a pin hole in it glad i pressure tested it)and i dont remember what else.all i know is i almost could of drove it home.still need about 2 hrs and to tune it in.i took a bunch of pics,ill post em soon.(wish i had a dig camera)oh well 1 hr photo is good enuff for now.oh yea i forgot,i peirced my finger nail(ooouch)oh yea it hurt now its just a dull pain tho.never bled thru my nail before.theres a 1st for everything.and i forgot install the gears.my dads doin that tho.3.08s w/ 38s and a 2500 rpm stall is just not a good combo.i woulda drove it home w/out the gears if i could of tho.i dont live too far from the shop,it wouldnt have killed it to drive 2 miles,and back.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like you had a FANTASTIC day!!! LOL! [​IMG]

3. Pure Insanity

i think today was the 1st day ive enjoyed workin on cars in a long time.when you work on them all day day in and day out,you get REAL burned out.i never understood my dad when he would say"when ya work on cars the last thing ya want to do is see them in your off time."

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

My brother is a mech. He hates working on his own cars. But he loves helping me work on mine. HUMMM could it be because he drives a F*#D and mines a Chevy. LOL

Become one with nature.........Then marinate it..

5. Pure Insanity

maybe i shouldnt admit this but i work on boat anchors too.i guess if i had a home shop id work on mine more often but i dont.im at the mercy of my dad lettin me in to his.at least he lets me in so i cant complain i guess.

PURE INSANITY

6. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

i know how u feel, i just rebuilt my engine and i've worked on it so long with timing it right, and running into all sorts of [censored] like when the battery is dead and starter is burned. But i know how u feel and its all worth it when u hear the engine idle.

phill

7. Pure Insanity

oh ive heard it idle,sounds nice.tached it up a time or 12 too.even drove it about about a foot up and back too.lol.the prev owner installed glasspacks gotta go.got new flowmasters in the shop to go on.itll be worth it,im just hittin the if its not goin down the road soon ill scream phase.

PURE INSANITY

8. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Least ya had the energy to work on it..been so whipped from work it takes half the weekend to re-charge and get going. Used to sling wrenches for a living too..spent most of this afternoon with the hood up.

"Why YES!..the Fast-lane was built just for YOU!! Because we all needed someone to drive slow and screw up traffic!!!!"

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sounds like you had a good day i wish i had a shop to work on mine in lol just think how much fun you will have when its done[​IMG]

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

10. Pure Insanity

heh actually the shops full i spent the day outside baking in the fla sun.im feelin a little crispy this morning.lol!it was fairly gnarly out there yesterday.(least it wasnt cold.)i think the best part will be when i drive it to work the 1st time(i work at a ferd dealer)hehehe!!well maybe not the best but itll be fun.

PURE INSANITY

11. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I was waiting to see if you would admit to working at a boat anchor dealership....Don't worry, once you get it running, you'll have it back in to do one thing or another. After the gear change, it was the tranny/t-case swap, and after last week, this weekend was getting the A/C hooked up again. I thought I had at least another month before the hot weather set in here. And basking in the Fla sun......those were the days, your making me homesick.