Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So...how are the BEER prices in your area??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Apr 1, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

:angry1: :angry1: ...

Had ten whole bucks left in my wallet today..decided it was going to be a long boring weekend unless I bought some beer..stop at the liquor store..go to the cooler to get some Miller High Life (only "cheap" beer I can drink!)..

I look at the price sticker..it says "4.99" for a six pack of 12 oz. cans!..LAST week it was 3.99!..just two weeks ago,it was only 3.69!!..as it was for most of the winter!...:mad:

I looked at ALL the other beers..NONE cheaper,even skunk piss Old Milwaukee,and ten other brands!..WTF????...is BEER going up because GAS is going up??...you CANT buy a six pack for under 5 bucks now!:mad:

I was tempted to just buy a half pint of Southern Comfort instead,for about the same price!..that actually went DOWN in price recently!..

I ended up buying 2 QUARTS of Miller High Life in glass bottles....for a whopping THREE BUCKS AND FOURTY CENTS!...you get the equivilant of 5.6 12 oz. beers for 3.40...I guess because it will go flat unless you guzzle it all ,once you open one..:thinking: ..

I didn't ask the owner who rang up the sale why prices are going UP UP UP on beer,but not on "hard stuff"...he did give me a funny look when I put the 2 quarts on the counter (guess not many people buy them)..I said jokingly "Honest officer,I only had TWO beers!,as I held them up!..he got a laugh out of that....he said "yeah,EVERYONE says they only had "2 beers!"...they just neglect to tell them each one was 32 ounces!!...:p:

I swear..you cant go for a ride,gas is too expensive..now you cant stay home and get a good buzz on for cheap either..life is starting to suck royally.a little more each day...:doah:

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

last time i bought a 6 pack, the bottles were 5.17 and the cans were 4.79, this was for budwieser almost 4 months ago.

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

$4.99 for a 12 pack of busch ice here.
    -Harrison

4. gauder

gauder Banned

You guys think that's bad. I can cross the border and buy Canadian beer in the USA cheaper than I can buy it at home!!!!! About $36 for a case of 24 bottles, I think $40 for a case of 24 cans.

5. gauder

gauder Banned

Diesel, you're not gonna go all HIPI on us once you've drank your 2 quarts are you?:haha:

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Nope..

Haven't even cracked one open yet!...they are out in the shop,chilling in the fridge!...soon I will go out there,and turn the clock back!(daylight savings time! YAAY!--no more getting dark early!)..and I'll swill some!..but not both quarts in one night!..I cant buy any more,have to make them last at least 2 nights!...:(

I cant type very fast ,even when sober,and cant spell good drunk..so me posting while intoxicated does not happen often..I'm lucky if I can turn the computer ON at all ,after I get a good buzz on!--....and I'd drool all over the keyboard and pass out most likely..so no,I wont be PWI...posting while intoxicated!..:crazy:

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

There is no beer where I live..And do you know why???:D

8. slackjawsk5

slackjawsk5 Registered Member

la crosse lager the real king of beers
    10.99 a 30 pack good ole wisconsin brewed beer

lacrosse_lager.jpg

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cuz you done drunk it all??:laugh:

10. boggerless

30 pack of BUSCH LIGHT,$13.49. $17.30 total taxes and all.i'm a cheap drunk.:tongue1:

11. boggerless

.57c a beer.:laugh: