Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So how does $500 sound for a 14BFF and a Dana 60?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Storm Trooper, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Yes! I found both and thats what I'm going to get them for.
    A speical thanks to the guys that helped me in pricing (thatK30guy ect.) Now all I need is the part numbers & spec's for what else I need (e-brake cable, SS brake lines etc.)
    Thanks again guys, Oh and another thing I need to do is get the cash past my wife[​IMG].

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

AWWWW MAN!!! How about giving them to me if I hand over the cash to get past your wife?!??! [​IMG]

Congrats!!! You just scored yourself a great bargain!!!!! You wont be disappointed at all!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

That's sound sweeettt!!!!!!
    Some people have all the luck

"Wheel hard or go home."

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

you scored! man is that Wes getting commis or something??? you aught to start charging finders fees LOL [​IMG]

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

5. thatK30guy

Hey, this is the fourth post out of four views!!! Not bad!!!

BTW, yeah, where is my commission for guiding you in the right direction about prices? [​IMG] J/K!!! [​IMG]

6. Storm Trooper

Remember, I did find the deal, but the advice didn't hurt!
    The only pay back I can think of is buying you a bunch of beer if you can come to my place on the 16th.
    My wife is going out of town so a bunch of us are having the "He man women haters" party (no offence to the women).
    It's an all guys party, hope to have a band, kegs etc. sorry, no one under 21 allowed. I have 140 acres to play on, a pool table, full bar and overlook Lake Dillon. What do you think?

7. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

hey that's great. next year at moab you be ready for helldorado!

8. Storm Trooper

You know it! I won't to be a 10 bolt *ussy next year.

9. Storm Trooper

So what do you think wes?
    Eveyone is invited if they let me know they are coming.
    We could do some wheelin too.
    Think about it, here is the veiw from my deck
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://home.earthlink.net/~localschoice/_uimages/RanchVeiw2.jpg>http://home.earthlink.net/~localschoice/_uimages/RanchVeiw2.jpg</A>
    Got to go but I'll be back in the AM......night everyone

10. thatK30guy

Where is Summit Co., CO? The offer is mighty tempting, but dont think the wife would go for that! [​IMG]

BTW, why not have some strippers there too!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

11. Storm Trooper

1st Q&A- It's 70 miles west of Denver on I-70 (towns/ski areas- Breckenrige,Copper Mtn, Keystone, A basin, Frisco).
    2nd - We are going Wheelin, remember. There just happens to also be a party.
    3rd - That is an option that may also happen, I just don't want get anyone in trouble with there wives (Me Included![​IMG]) and I don't want to dump too much $$ into the party unless guys want to chip in. Remember, I need $500 for some axles?
    I'm sending some PM about it to some other CK5ers to ask them.
    Something to think about, there is a bunch of room for people to stay and even camp out if they want to. No one bothers me up here and it's going to be a good time. I think it should be a manditory meeting or something.......HaHa
    <font color=red>Back on the subject:<font color=black> I haven't picked up the axles yet and still need to really check them out. Didn't some of the 14B have C-clips and some not? how can I tell?
    What about u joint #s and do I need to change driveshaft lenght or yoke?
    What is the best reweld location for shocks(stock) if I'm going to Blistiens or something like that.
    Do I need to go to crossover steering or will the 60 just bolt up.
    I heard that If I'm going to run the truck in the snow, I should use ARB in the 60 instead of lockers so I can unlock it during the winter.
    4 1/8 backset on rims, 15" rims verses 16"(16 requires new tread).
    Does the 208 TC suck or will it hold up? Help is appreciated.

12. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well, if you didn't live so DAMN FAR AWAY.. I would be there..

Great score.

Steve Fox for President, 2004.
    Jimi Hendrix was re-incarnated in 1990 as my....JIMI

13. thatK30guy

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Back on the subject: I haven't picked up the axles yet and still need to really check them out. Didn't some of the 14B have C-clips and some not? how can I tell?
    What about u joint #s and do I need to change driveshaft lenght or yoke?
    What is the best reweld location for shocks(stock) if I'm going to Blistiens or something like that.
    Do I need to go to crossover steering or will the 60 just bolt up.
    I heard that If I'm going to run the truck in the snow, I should use ARB in the 60 instead of lockers so I can unlock it during the winter.
    4 1/8 backset on rims, 15" rims verses 16"(16 requires new tread).
    Does the 208 TC suck or will it hold up? Help is appreciated.

<hr></blockquote>

14FF's have no c-clips. C-clips are a semi-floater. The FF's have the shafts bolted to the bearing hub, which protrudes out the center of the wheels.

U-joints are a matter of mix & match. Without specific details about what you have currently on your rig, its hard to tell what can mate and cant. The front D60 should have the same size u-joint as the D44 and 10B. The rearend will have a bigger 1350 series yoke. If you plan on retaining your stock driveshaft, you need the hybrid u-joint to run the rearend.

To relocate the rear shock mounts, simply cut them off and move them to the same location as the stock rig's axles. In other words, the 1 ton has mounts opposite of the 1/2 and 3/4 ton. So, if you want to run stock location mounts, follow the ones on the rear you are taking out. If you want more ground clearance, now is the time to move the lower mounts to wherever you would like.

Crossover steering is best decided on the amount of lift you have. If you are running 4" or less, the stock set up would be more than adequate. My opinion, anything over 6" should have some steering modifications.

You can run anything you want for a locker. Keep in mind of the price for the ARB. If you are on a budget build, you can get by with a Trac-Lock just fine. While it may not be a full locker, it will still be there and allow you to steering the rig.

Your rim choice with that backspacing will work just fine.

NP208 t-cases have a bad reputation because of the chain and the fact they use a slip yoke, which when the u-joint breaks and the shaft falls out, the fluid in the t-case is lost because it drains out. Dodge NP208's have a fixed yoke which, when located, can be swapped in and solve the drain problem. Personally, I like the 208's. They have that low range of 2.62 and are stronger than others think. Now if you were to build something for a little hardcore offroading, especially with those 1 ton axles, you should upgrade to an NP205 t-case. I dont think I need to say much about the 205 because it speaks for itself! [​IMG]