Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so how many are wheelin'?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rockblazer, May 26, 2000.

1. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

so how many are wheelin\'?

Just finished packing the Blazer and the camper. Whew! Now to the hills for a weekend of wheelin', camping, tall stories and more wheelin'! Have a great weekend and keep the rubber side down! Or up, or on rocks, or.... See ya on Tuesday guys and gals! Take care.... Todd

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: so how many are wheelin\'?

I'd like to go too, but its going to rain all weekend

3. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

I'd like to be wheelin too, but still too much snow. Supposed to be 60 this weekend so it shouldn't be too long.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'VE HEARD ABOUT SNOW, I THINK I'VE SEEN IT A FEW TIMES. BUT I'M NOT SURE. I'M FROM THE LAND OF OLD PEOPLE, SNOWBIRDS, AND HUGE CACTI.

SNOW IN MAY STILL? KEERIIIIST, I FORGET WHAT RAIN LOOKS LIKE ANYMORE. IF YOU'RE NEAR PALMER ALASKA COULD YOU GIVE ME A HEADS UP ON A FEW GUYS I WENT TO COLLEGE WITH HERE IN AZ. WE WENT TO NAU(NORTHERN AZ). THEIR NAMES WERE TIM BOESE AND NELS JORGENSON. I GUESS THEY STILL ARE BUT YOU NEVER KNOW

5. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Rain=mud=fun see it all works out.

This might be to late but have fun

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

6. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Bout 300 miles from Palmer. Haven't run in to them yet but you never know. I really don't get off the island much.

7. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>SNOW!!!!!!</font color=blue> jezzz it was 97 here today, 'bout that yesterday and surpussed to be that much the next week!!!!!Have'nt seen snow in so long I beginning to believe that Bull-sh#t is white, but on a rare occasion we got <font color=red>mud</font color=red>!!!!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[blue[ White Knight</font color=blue>

8. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Guess what I found on my favorite mountain today. A German film crew filming a documentory on SNOW BOARDING. The mountain passes are still under several feet of snow. It wouldn't be bad 4wheeling except the trail is about 3 inches narrower than the blazer. I don't mind hanging over a cliff when its dry but its no fun in the snow!

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

My thermometer read 105[​IMG] degrees today!

<font color=green>Money</font color=green>--&gt;Blazer

10. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

We still got lots of snow in the high country here in Colorado.Independance pass just opened this weekend it is at 12,700'.we are now trying to break into places up high.we really did't get much snow this year may be a little bad this summer if it stays dry.Maybe trying battlement mesa trail this mon. There will be snow there the top of the trail is at 10,300' at the lakes.Actually snow about a week ago in aspen.Kodiak you are are on Kodiak island?My partner I work with is from there he says it is awsome somthing like here.Brady

11. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

stop talking about Colorado! You're killing me. I haven't been out since August. I'm way overdue.

12. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Brady
    Awsome does not describe it. From work I can watch whales in the harbor and with a spotting scope watch mountain goats on the hills. My poor kids think that every black bird they see is an eagle and think its odd if a small airplane is on wheels and not floats. Oh, the snow is still down at the 1000' level now. Whats your partners name? If I don't know him I'm sure I know some of his family.

13. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

His name is Jay Sallee.I am not sure if he still has relatives there or not.His dad is in Tacoma Washington.Sounds great there!I would love to come to the island and check it out.What kind of wheeling is there?I imagine snow crawling and mud,any rock.We have it all here from snow to mud to rock to sand dunes!Its great!We also have bald eagles that come to the Co. river in the winter.I have seen as many as 16 at once.We have some pretty high peaks here like 50some over 14,000'.Brady

14. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Most trails are short but tuff. Many are 4wheeler trails that a blazer will just barely fit on. My favorite trail is only 17 miles long but it has about 15 water crossings and every one has cut banks. Mostly rock but there is one big mud hole on it called the frigerator. It's called this because there is a frig in it but only during dry periods can it be seen. I've seen many people meet their match there. Best one was a F250. The only thing visable was the back 1/3 of the topper. The best thing about the trail is the salmon river at the end of it. Huge run of reds and silvers. Other trails have to be timed with the tides as you have to get on the beach in some areas. Not a place you want to be worried about getting stuck or breakdown. I saw a friends Jeep get taken by the tide. Not a good thing. The best thing here though is that almost all the roads are dirt/rock. In the winter you can go several months without ever taking it out of 4wd. 5 or 6 years ago one of the mags (I think Petersons) did a series on Alaska. They came to Kodiak but couldn't get their big rig on many trails.

15. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.

I was supposed to be out with Depdog & them in tellico. But the darn military wouldn't allow me to take leave at the last moment. I atleast got to recover a friends sami the other day...

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez