Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SO how many of your girls are into wheeling

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ProJunkRacing, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

Well my Fiance , is been working on some webpage stuff and one of her most recent intrest has been wheeling i took my dd out awhile ago and she fell in love with wheeling , and can't wait for the trail rig to be done anyways she was working on her webpage in school and the prof saw that she had wheeling stuff on there ,he then decided to as loud as he could say she was the last person that he could see interested in that . anyways my question is how many of your gal's like wheeling , will wrench with ya etc and almost love the sport as much as you and I do .

anywho i was extatic that she says she loves it and hasn't been in a "capable rig" yet .

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

My wife refuses to go but my daughter ask me every weekend if we are going "to the mountain" as she calls it.:D Almost makes you wanna cry.:o

Ira

3. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

i would agree when i have kids i hope they wanna wheel too

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Wife not so much, but my older daughter has been a few times and really likes it.

Rene

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

my wife loves it, i'm lucky if i get to drive! Oh and if you've seen my videos..... she has a heavier right foot than I do!

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

All the more better for kickin your ass:D .

Ira

7. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I took my girlfriend wheelin when we first met, we got stuck in a huge hole got in trouble by her parents she said she hated it and never wanted to do it again. a few months later we went with my dad to one of his friend's house who just got a jeep with 36s. he took us for a ride in it through some pretty cool trails on his land. she said she loved it so i asked her if she wanted to go in my truck again, she said no it wasnt fun in it:yikes: . made me sick and i didnt think we would get along. now after 2yrs she likes it and is going to start driving some so i feel better.

8. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

when i was with my ex she had a 8" lifted '91 jimmy and used to go to hollister a bit(even without me) but then she sold it and bought a little golf... now i dont talk to her:pimp: .

9. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am in the same boat as you are if I get out of the rig to spot someone or help someone she jumps in the drivers seat if shes not already in it and will not give it up until she can see I am getting mad. She helps a little with the wrenching. Funny thing is when I go mudding she takes the car drives until she gets bored or stuck or I get stuck and then she drives home. :D While I get unstuck.

10. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

My wife likes wheelin with me and the kids love it! Britney went with me to BB last year and had a great time. She is more into it for the socializing and I am into it for the "I think I just peed my pants" feeling;) After Moab and seeing all the badass rigs there she let's me drop more coin into the money pit so I can hang with the big boyz next year........lol.

11. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The first time I took my girlfriend out she got scared, got out of the truck, and started walking back to the house.

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

wife hates it. I might be able to get her to do some kind of mud or sand wheeling.... but thats the kind I really don't care about. Trails and rocks are out. :(

j

13. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

the one time I let omeone drive my rig it was a girl, next thing I know I was hangin on to the rear tube and going side ways in a parking lot...

girls are great, but more so they want to play and not do the wrenching, I found though if you keep wrenching and they cant nag or bug you then slowly they come into your space and want to be in the picture,

the problem is you wind up with organized tools that are organized by the pretty ones and shiny ones first, you get air fresherners in the garage and it just gets worse...

heather my current girl friend wants nothing to do with it, but the dessert, and that if I tow it and she can sit in the burb with leather and ac on the way there, she thinks the seats should recline but with all the tube work she said we could improvise.... :)

14. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

My wife goes once a year. Mainly to meet the quota. My 8 & 11 year old girls love it. It's a little better since it more organinzed wheeling.

15. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Every woman 've ever taken wheeling absolutely loved it. The last time my mother in law came back to visit us her parents wanted to go wheeling so bad, but my truck was down.

Here is a pic of my wife driving, she loves driving.

and one with her friend too, look at those smiles.

cara rocks may 2005.jpg

girls.JPG

16. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

mine will go-she just likes camping- but will not drive.even offered to build her a rig with a automatic for herto run

17. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

my wifey loves it to death, will wrench with me all day and loves to get dirty swaping trannys and axle gears to pulin motors from junk trucks. she is all for it. the only thing she doesnt agree with is when i steal her rig to go get parts...lol

LUKE

18. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

My wifey loves to go wheeling:D

Just can't wait to take her to tellico.

19. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

my ole lady likes it when the weather is nice. last time we went out my window was missing but the heat was blasting. yea she was pissed, didnt talk to me for a few hours. she loves it when its nice though.

20. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My girlfriend is new to the sport but loves going with me. She is scared to drive my blazer but I let her try some wheeling in Moab last year when we were on vacation in a rent a car.
    [​IMG]