Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So, how was Hulk?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Jun 21, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Some of you had to have gone out yesterday/last night to watch it. Spill the beans!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I wasn't impressed. The first hour or so didn't even include the hulk, it was more of an explanation of how Bruce Banner became the hulk (very boring). The parts with the hulk in them were very good, too bad that was a very small portion of the movie. Maybe I would have liked it better if I hadn't taken my kids with me to see it, because they were really impatient and didn't really enjoy 90% of the movie. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the hulk is not a kids movie. I saw it today and the bands of ankle-biting idiots tried their very best to ruin the entire film for me. (gawd i hate kids) that aside, i thought it was a VERY good movie. Its true the early portion of the film is used to set up the story and tell us how Banner becomes the hulk etc etc... thats called a plot. Grown ups tend to like a decent plots... but not all do. At any rate, I thought the story was well done, and regardless of how the hulk looks (i thought he looked awesome, other people seem to know real life 10' tall 1000 pound green guys and think the movie version looks "unrealistic" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) i came away impressed with Lee's interpretation of the old comic book character. They didnt make the hulk lame (see the american made godzilla film) or try to use a musclebound guy as the Hulk (worked in the late 70s, but the comic hulk is a whole lot bigger/badder than any body builder could ever be) On a zero to 10 scale I'd give it an 8... prolly woulda been an 8.5 if it wasnt for all the idiot kids/parents in the theater. There was this one "family" there, mom and 2 kids that were disgustingly obnoxious. The 2 kids talked almost the entire movie, not loud enuff to get kicked out, but definitely loud enough for me to hear. One of them liked to take his shoes off and then repeatedly kick the steel bar thing in front of his seat.... which (of course) touched the rear of every seat in the row in front of him which sent the shock waves from his pounding feet right into my back. The other kid entertained himself by continuously pushing the spring loaded seat next to him down as far as it would go and then let go of it so it would spring upwards again... making lots of noise. Mom, for her part, was a water retaining sea cow of a whore who brought food from a grocery store and was eating something that came in a plastic bag which she LOUDLY crinkled the ENTIRE length of the film. Every great once in a while she would "SHHHHH!" her kids... but she did it so loudly it was worse than her kids talking, and when they started flapping their jibs 15 seconds later, she did nothing, so they would just keep on doing it. can ya tell these people were annoying me yet? Whats worse, I can usually block people out pretty well at movies... but my gf can't, so she was annoyed the entire 2 hrs 17 mins... which means I was annoyed for 2 hrs and 17 mins. Hell, the movie might be a 9.5 considering the environment I saw it in. I am seriously considering buying M&Ms at the movies from now on... some kids acts stupid, Im taggin him in the face with a M&M. Idiot mom gives me tude, she gets one in the forehead too. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

tip to all adults that want to see the film.. go to the 10pm weekday showing... and no, dont bring ur kids...

j

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am seriously considering buying M&Ms at the movies from now on... some kids acts stupid, Im taggin him in the face with a M&M. Idiot mom gives me tude, she gets one in the forehead too.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good enough reviews from you, Jason! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW, I got your lockouts in on Friday. Forgot to send you a PM to let you know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The movie was OK. The plot development was all well and good, but it was a little heavy on the long drawn out scenes of Bruce and his chick staring longingly into each others eyes. The movie probably could have been shortened by half an hour or so just by taking out unneccessary and repetitive character development. BTW, I am not the kind of person that goes to this kind of movie and just wants pure action, I love movies with a good story behind the action, such as the latest Matrix movie. The difference between this movie and the latest Matrix movie is that the story in the Matrix was much more interesting and actually required the time taken to tell it. The backstory in the Hulk could have been told in a very short time. I give the Hulk about a 7 out of 10, excellent action and CGI effects, good story but a bit too dragged out.</font>