Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SO...How's everyone feel about Nader Dropping the N-Bomb????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigcountryk5, Jun 20, 2005.

1. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i thought it is absolutely the funniest thing that happened in a long while............. if he was anyone else he would have been crucified on the 5:00 news but The "good" reverand Al Sharpton came seemingly close to defending Nader. :mad:

whata ya'll think? here's the story---->clicky!

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm just fine with it, you can't reserve a word for the use of only one portion of a society. He said it in a non-derogatory context so he is just as entitled to it's use as are all the fine upstanding examples of human beings in the "Hip-Hop" and "Rap" industries. Besides, it's acceptable for other races to say "cracker" and "redneck", ao I don't see what the stink is.

Besides, the Rev. Al is the biggest racist I know, and an enciter of riots and murders.

3. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Don't care much for either side of this. nuff said

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

So now I can't use a certain word because I'm white? I also don't think that what Nader said was all that bad, as it was actually what happened.

:xmas:

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If we want to be on a level playing field (speaking about humans) if you can or can't say something because of your color, it's racist. Plain and simple.

Apparently as a white guy you can call yourself cracker, but no other race can use that terminology? :confused:

Soon maybe idiot or dummy will be reserved for one race only, we'll have to have racial dictionaries.

If people want to say things, let them say it, and let them reap what they sow.

Poor choice IMO though. How hard would it have been to say "I felt like a black man in 1950's Alabama" for instance?

I'd fully expect at least a verbal beat down if I attempted to use that same phrase in front of black people that didn't know me.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Just say chinese railroad worker next time

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Chinese Internment Camp Prisoner?

I agree, he could have picked a better phrase, but at the sametime, he was likely worked up and felt the word made his point better or he just didn't think.

Got to love that Sharpton says if it were someone else, they'd have been marching. Wtf is the point of marching against one man? We used to do that in the day, we called it a lynch mob :surepal:

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's just a word. Frell being politicly correct. It's okay for for certin people too make racist jokes and comments all day long on BET, but don't let a white guy even say a certin word. Frell that, the time of give special treatment because of the color of someone's skin should be over. Equal rights my ass.

9. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Frell in place of more comman word that starts withy "F". From Farscape TV show.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm a we are all the same kinda guy.and i use the N bomb all the time around brothers.they say it so can i.i'm not a racest at all. i have friends of all races.but if i have to accept everyones special interests. than they can accept mine. :laugh:

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I assume you mean japanese internment camp prisoner? eh, whats the difference anyway right? ;) :tongue1:

j

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Certainly a very odd thing to say, but I think Sharpton's point about marching if it were anyone else is that he knows it's not meant to belittle or insult black people.

I had a chance to work for Al Sharpton a few years ago, so I read up on him a little. He didn't seem to be that bad of a guy and he's tamed quite a bit in the past few years. What really sunk his credibility was the chick that claimed she was raped and then later said she made it all up. He defended her or something, and looked like a fool later. I may have the details jumbled, this was a couple years ago...

Anyway, yeah, I agree, the line about a black man in 50's alabama would have been much better and painted a clearer picture. "******" seems totally purposeless, even confusing, used the way he did.

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I drop th C-Bomb all the time..............Damn Canadians :D :D :D

15. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

16. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Ratch.. you are thinking of the Tawana Brawley case that sharpton was involved in. Happened I think in the late 80's.

While he was representing her, sharpton said lots of inflammatory and untrue stuff that he's never apologized for, instead, he parlayed his noteriety into a political career. He's the poster boy for certain people being able to say whatever they want, with no consequences. Maybe he's a nice guy in person, but I think he keeps his people in bondage.

I think sharpton and the dems missed a chance to get nader out of politics for good. Considering they blame his candidacy for siphoning votes from al gore in 2000, I'm shocked they didn't throw him under the bus.

All I can say is that if a conservative republican made that statement, michael moore would be making a movie about it as we speak. Hell, look what happened to ross perot when he said " you people", and he was empathizing with the black struggle when he said it.

There's no media bias, oh no..

Tom

17. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't care one way or the other, but unless he was intentionally trying to draw fire, you would think that someone with a Harvard Law Degree would be smarter than that.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I didn't know much about it, so I guess he looks like even more of a fool than I thought :rotfl:. I never met him, just passed an opportunity to do a weekly audio engineering gig for him and did some research on him while I was considering it.
    I guess that explains why he's so disliked and inflammatory...

19. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Sorry Ratch, Tawana Bradley's not his only snafu, and the story goes deeper than that even. Don't forget about Freddy's Fashion Mart (old Al incited a riot in which 7 people were killed and the place burnt down), Yankel Rosenbaum (incited another riot after a jew ran over a black kid, they stabbed and beat the first jew they could get their hands on).

He is a Class A piece of sh*t, racist, purveyor of hate crimes, inciter of riots and all around sorry bastard.

He and his buddy Jesse may as well be wearing white sheets and carrying nooses.

20. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

All liberals are racist :D