Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I am retarded....Push button starter

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, May 16, 2005.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

So I cant figure out why I don't have any keyed ignition power...??? SOOOooooo I am tired of looking for the problem. How do I just wire it for a push button starter? Which wires to I get from where, and what do I do w/ them?

2. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I don't know what the wire colours are but it is easy to figure out with a test light. Should be three wires going to the ignition. One will be hot, one will be ignition on and one to the starter. Basically 'off' is all separated, 'ignition on' is ignition to hot, and 'start' is starter to hot (until turnover). Does that make any sense?

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Its da purple wire!

Usually the wire to activate the solenoid is purple on GM trucks and cars..might as well by pass the neutral safety switch as well--you can unplug the purple wires from it,(the neutral safety switch)-and run one to the pushbutton,(the one that goes to the starter!)-and run another wire from 12V hot lead to the pushbutton switch..done!... :crazy:

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Don't need it anymore... just got her fired up using the good ol' ignition