Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I Bought a New 36" TV Tonight...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Jan 15, 2005.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

:confused: Sounds like a fun purchase eh? I wish!

:p: The Wife Bitched because I spent too much on it, although it was barely more expensive than it would have cost to replace the TV that went bad yesterday.

:p: The Wife measured the van doors wrong so it didn't fit when she came to pick it up in the van.

:p: It's way too big to fit in our entertainment center.

:grin: Screw all of that, after everyone went to bed I got it out of the box, hooked it up on the floor and am watching it right where it sits!!! It's BIG!!! Our old TV was a 27" so it's a bit of a step up...

So that's my story. There wasn't enough mindless babble in the lounge so I thought I'd share.

Cheers,
    Paul

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Why such a tiny TV ??? Don't know if I could go back too the smaller TV's after having my 57" [​IMG] You know I'm just messin' with y'all, right ??

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I made the mistake of enclosing the top of the last entertainment center

Bad idea

Go wide low and open top!

4. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Do you think the picture quality is as high as a good old fashioned tube though? I see them side by side at the store and I've never been tempted to go that route... Call me old fashioned! I'd love to have a 57 incher though!!!

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd say it's pretty close. Side view is noticable, but strait on looks damn good. HDTV is the only way too go anymore. :D

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i did the same thing, got a wild hair got a 36inch TV and then needed a new entertainment center. of course no one has one in stock and i'm an impatiant a hole, so i convinced them to sell me the floor model. and i still had to take the doors and hinges out of it so it would fit. my friend has a 62 in TV and if your not RIGHT in front of it it looks cloudy.:D