Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so i drove a bronco today..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pregate, Apr 9, 2002.

1. pregate

pregate Registered Member

my friend was trashed and had a 2 hour drive ahead of him, so i took him. hes got an 82 bronco.. it was alright, pretty comfy.. but just didnt feel right.. all fords seem to handle in this particular way ill never like..

was glad when i got back to my k5.. where the gas pedal actually affected the speed.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

my friend has a 70 bronco (early body style) that thing is awsome to drive....i almost like it better than my blazer..

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Getting rid of my ford soon. can't wait.

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I almost bought a 79 Bronco once. A friend was selling his. 395hp 460 and all! It was pretty comfy and all, but it was scary as hell! Friggin thing had power-assisted brakes and the super-sensitive Ford steering. Almost friggin flipped the thing on the test drive!

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hated bunco's way before even OJ had his /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I love the 66-79 broncos. I really like the early bronco,but the 78 and 79 are cool. After that they suck, they went to that funky TTB setup. I almost bought a 79 Bronco with a 460, locked front and rear, fully cages and all. I put the down payment down, went wheeling in the Jimmy that night and rolled it, so I didnt buy the Bronco and decided that the Jimmy is perfect to rockcrawl with /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

The early solid axle Furds I dont have too much of a problem w/.....(actually kinda like them) but anything TTB is an ill handling POS! IMO.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm sorry, I just couldn't live with myself if I ever had to buy a Ford. A good idea is to go to the Ford dealership and take a look at what thier mecanics drive. I did that and noticed more of them are driving Chevys then anything else. Makes ya think !!!

9. Pure Insanity

I only recently went back to working on Chevrolets. I have been at Ferd stores for the last few yrs. The last place I was at employees had to park WAAAY out in the back and I had to weave my way thru the entire dealership in my Blazer. I stuck out like a sore thumb. Or make that a big white Blazer at a Ferd dealer. HEHE!

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What a bunch of traitors!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What does a Ford look like inside? Do they have the steering wheel on the same side as a Chevy? Would someone please tell me cause I would never be cought dead or alive in one of them.

12. Pure Insanity

As much as I hate to admit it Wes, I have to say I prefer working on boat anchors. If you have ever taken a fender off a new model Silverado, or tried to make a plastic Camaro fender fit and look good (they fit like crap from the factory and theres nothing that can be done about it) You would understand. And thats just 2 examples off the top of my head. There are MANY more things I would like to shake a GM designer's throat for. yeah Ferd has some dumb stuff too, but they seem easier to work on. Body work wise that is.