Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so i feel dumb

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by oatsk5, Sep 12, 2006.

1. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

as i have been tring to get my truck wired for my trailers car hauler and my camper the truck is a 75 3/4 now im trying to wire a 7 pin as thats what my camper has and il get the specs on the plugs in the morning any who i cant get the right side tial lights trun ect to work i have tried dif lights anding grounds any ideas would help oh sorry if this is the wrong forum

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Do you have the t-connector for your truck ? Goes right between the right and left side taillight harnesses . Makes life easier . It comes flat 4 , then you cut the flat 4 off , and wire up your 7 wire plug .

The seven wire has an auxilary wire , brake wire , and 12 volt wire added to it . Those need to be added , as they are not on the taillight harness as far as I know . The 73-84's should have the same tiallight harnesses .

3. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

do all the lights on the trailer work?
    If so then maybe this helps.

running lamps are top left/--------------\battery positive top right

lefthand turn +stop[---------(backup)---------]right hand turn+stop

ground wire-------------\---------------/ electric brakes

this is looking into the connector on your truck. did my best to make it look right. this is the correct way to wire it. if the trailer was previously owned then someone may have done something different. Good luck.

4. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

thanx both trailers in ? lights worked with my 03 chevy im just trying to wire it for my new used truck