Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I finally have a new Blazer, Check it out and let me know...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by triger, Apr 10, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">If i got a good deal for 1300 dollars...I started out on this sight and joined even before I bought this truck...I think I got a descent deal...

My new truck...

Unfortunately it is really breaking my pocket already and i only had it for alittle over a month now... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

T</font>

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

looks good to me, does it already have a little lift on it? or are the tires just on the small side?

IMO, id lose some of those foo-foo things on it, like the bug shield and the handles on the cab, and them nerf bars, but thats just my Taste ;P

all in all looks like you got a good deal.

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

the handles and nerf bars are cool 2 extra people can ride there
    the bug shield is a little outdated

pimpin ride G!

4. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">The tires are only 31x10.5 which I will go up to 33x12.5 for now cause it will be a daily driver for awhile...Does have a four inch lift in it already...Unfortunately blocks in the rear for now until I do the shackle flip, the bug shield was the first thing taken off right after the pics were taken, and the nerf bars were next to be taken off...unfortunately I have to leave the handles on the cab cause that is the only way for me to get in...Sucks being 5'4...But hey can only do so much at a time...

Already cleaned the diffs and put new gear oil in it, had to change the transfer case seal, changed the trans filter and put synthetic atf in it,all filters have been done, still have to put a new heater core in it and go with a new rad and thermostat while I am at it...So damn nice to have my own personal four bay shop with a lift to do all my work... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So damn nice to have my own personal four bay shop with a lift to do all my work... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky SOB

Those handles really arent that bad cuz they are actaully serving a purpose for you, glad to hear you got rid of that other stuff :P

sounds like you got a good start so far *cough* spoiled *cough*

6. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green">So damn nice to have my own personal four bay shop with a lift to do all my work... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>

[/ QUOTE ]Wazup!!!!Hey dude nice GARAGE!!!Are you a JIFFY LUBE CERTIFIED FLUID TECHNICIAN OR SOMETHIN""!!!!ha-ha-ha!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

awesome deal good luck with your buildup

8. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

nice truck.... I like big rigs /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. tys

tys Registered Member

Lookin good mang!

What's up with that big ass wing on the lift gate?

Chris

10. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

purty truck, and it otta look real nice with the 33s

11. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wazup!!!!Hey dude nice GARAGE!!!Are you a JIFFY LUBE CERTIFIED FLUID TECHNICIAN OR SOMETHIN""!!!!ha-ha-ha!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">Manager of my own Lube Plus... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    What's up with that big ass wing on the lift gate?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">Come on now, got to have something on there to be Bling Bling....Nah actually that wing helps for when it raining or snowing and your driving...Cleans the rear window off...But it will probably come off too thogh cause it leaks just found out... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifWill be taking the top off eventually for a can back top soon anyways... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font>

T </font>

12. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Nice, congrats!

Always good to see more local members in the tri state area!

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

man, those pics are like a walk down memory lane. i was lookin at the pics and thinkin', "wow, I remember when my rig had an interior!" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Stock fender trim, folding rear seat, 31s, slider windows, whew!!! Looks like a good place to start, make sure when you do upgrades you take pics all along the way... I, personally, have a bad habit of forgetting to do that. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

14. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks like a good place to start, make sure when you do upgrades you take pics all along the way...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">Oh yeah I will be totally taking pics through out the stages of spending all my money... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now my only dilemma is the nice weather is coming and I need to spend my money on my '72 Triumph motorcycle...Got about 600.00 to get that back on the road... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Just have to get a part time job...

T </font>

15. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

$1300 for that 90'? I say you got a damn good deal, no matter how many miles she's got. Anyway, nice truck, she's definitely got potential.

16. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">Thanks man!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>