Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I got a speeding ticket????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Oct 15, 2003.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

What box do I check???
    1. I'm guilty, pay full amount, goes on record
    2.I'm guilty, cry to the judge , pay half ,still goes on record
    3.tell judge, I wasn't speeding, pay half the fine and it dosent go on my record...

But the officer "DID ME A FAVOR" and only wrote it for 5 over, but if you look closely on the ticket, there are four #'s with my actual speed under them, whats that all about, is this for when I go infront of the judge and tell him I wasn't speeding he'll know I'm full of sh!t and hammer my ass or what???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Can't you go to traffic skool? Not very much fun, but IMO burning a Saturday in lieu of having it on your record is worth the trade /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Pay that mofo and don't get caught speeding again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I think it is worth doing anything to keep it off of your record. The extra amount your insurance company is going to rip you off for is more than worth fighting it. I think California is the only state that has the traffic school "Get out of Jail Free" card /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

What is the worst thing that could happen if found guilty? You pay the same fine and insurance concequences as if you plead guilty right? Only difference is taking the time to fight it.

5. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Check all three and tell the judge your SPECIAL or maybe just buy looking at you he can tell and cut you some slack... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

we have traffic school here in oregon ask me how i know this /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

No traffic skool here in Wa. andf how exactly does your insurance find out????

8. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I'd ask someone who knows the laws in your state, in Iowa you get two "freebies" per year that don't count against your record as long as they are under 10 above the posted limit in a 35-55 zone.

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

My wife and I plead not guilty EVERY time. They set a trial date and you get to plead your case. Neither one of us has EVER had to pay a ticket.

Hint...

1. Ask if the radar gun has to be calibrated to ensure accuracy??

2. They WILL say yes..then ask if it was calibrated the day you got your ticket. 99.999% chance they will say NO. Then simply state "so there is a chance your reading was inaccurate?" They HAVE to say yes because unless it WAS calibrated THAT morning...there IS a chance it was INACCURATE!

Works for me EVERY time! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

We have traffic school in AZ too...only can use it once every two years /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

5 miles per hour isn't a points offense here. I never got hit with insurance premium raises till I lost my license, now I'm on high risk. I should have fought every ticket I ever got. Calibrating radar gun is a good one I should have thought of that. First time I Got a ticket in the K5 I was blown away, I swear my speedo is off by about 15 mph but I had it tested and they say 5. I showed the cop that when I did fight that one and he was amazed at 5 mph, where as I was pissed. Oh and we don't have a traffic school in PA, when you reach 6 points you can take a test and they will deduct 2. Too bad I have 9 and the 2 would have taken me down to 7 so lose my license either way. I missed the test date though. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif came and went and I forgot.

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

DOH!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No traffic skool here in Wa. andf how exactly does your insurance find out????

[/ QUOTE ]

Are ya guilty? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

No traffic school, that's got to suck since there are online traffic schools these days. You could have gone into there and /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

As for the insurance company finding out, the ticket is sent to DMV and they put it on your record, so when you go down there for a printout, it will show up. I'm sure the insurance companies run your record every so often.

Don't know about up there, but here in CA, the ticket stays on the record for 3 years. And we can only go to traffic school every 18 months the last I heard.

As for going to another state and getting license (I know you are so close to OR /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif), most states now are hooked up, so they can run ya in any state when you apply for a license.

Too bad, I kind of liked having two licenses when I was in high school. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Are ya guilty?

[/ QUOTE ] yep, thats why I'm thinkin I will just send in a check, I can't lie to save my life so I'm sure the judge isn't gonna believe me LOL, especially with those four numbers and the real speed at wich I was traveling right there on the ticket....I was doing 72 in a 50 and thats after I slowed down abit, so The cop wrote it for 60 in a 55, the ticket went from about 190 to 72... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifstupid toyota, cannever tell how fast it's going, it's just not the same as the Blazer, in the Blazer if your doing 72, you damn well know it.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifcause it's gettin ready to come apart..... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Its usually not the judge in the experience I have. Its the cop either not showing or deciding to be nice to you and ask the judge to drop it. However if he already let you off, then forget it.

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats another thing, I sure wouldn't want the cop to show up in court with me trying to be a fawkwad about it.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Did You have your seaty belt on? Since Wa, State has bumped that fine up to $117.00 make's the $72.00 look frail in comparison. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

you've never seen my face have you????I learned the seat belt thing a few years back when I met the windshield at about 35, now the whole right side of my face is fawked up and I have a metal disk holding my eyeball where it needs to be and a head full of screws(most of which are loose)holding whats left of my face ,together...LOL I aint purty no more.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Speeding fines are the fee you pay for the privilege of driving as fast as you want.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif great info..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifthanks.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    I still don't know if I'll take it that far, I didn't intentionally speed and its a bit of a scam, I dunno.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif