Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I got this York compressor, now what?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, Apr 25, 2003.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I am not planning on running air tools, I just want a hose from the compressor to fill my tires. I plan on making a bracket and installing it where my AC compressor used to be. Then put a switch on it to turn it on and off. I will put a filter on the airintake and connect a hose on the outlet side. What do I need on the outlet side to make it work, I suppose I need some kind of relief valve before the airhose connection, if not something will blow up if the pump is running without any air being used. I guess what I want is a simplified version of the write up in the Technical section.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

If you are only going to fill up tires take out the check valve from the tire inflator and also do not use a guick disconect on that end. When you hook up the line and turn on the pump the hose will just blow air all the time you arn't filling up tires...quick cheep and easy...then you can worry about a tank and pressure switch later if you want.

3. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I am planning on just installing a 125 psi safety valve in the system, that way if pressure builds up while I go from one tire to another it will just blow out the safety valve. Is this OK or does anyone see a problem in this. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

no problem with running the safty valve. you'll just sound like a sick cow if it goes off on the hiway /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

you should hit some of the local semi yards an pick up a small tank.

you still haging around playas?? if you ever come this way, to mexicali/el centro, let me know and i'll show you around. I've been going behind el centinela(some sandunes) in mexicali on sunday eves. it's been a blast...

later,

ARQ.