Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So i had an adventure in my luv today...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MEPR, Dec 4, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

So i go up to my buddy allans place to get some parts off my 78 LUV(he has a plot of land that he parks parts trucks on). SO i get there and theres about 1'6" of snow in the unpload sections(he plowed out the access road, which is just a logging trail) and about 4" on the plowed sections. So i get down to where the trucks are parked and i see he didnt plow up to my luv(i dont blame him theres a stump in the trail up there). So i try to power my 80 LUV up there. I get about 5' and the front skid plate starts pushing too much snow and lifts the front end off the ground. So i have to climb this little hill 5' at a time(i just back up and acceperate back up). Then the stump part comes, i turn to go around it and this is where things get ugly. I fall off the road(no much of a side hill you dont even notice it unless you realy look) and slide into a small tree(sappling so it just scrathes things). SO now here i am whith the passenger side up against a tree trying to drive up a hill and around a stump. This is not working, so i decide theres one corse of action. I hammer it in reverse and just plow by the group of small trees, wonderfull new backwoods pinstriping is added. So i got to pull parts off the other truck(which i cant gewt becouse they are welded in ). So i walk back down the little hill to my luv, put my tools away and pop the hood to check my fluids. And i clance over at the battery and think, why is it almost in the fan? Well the tie down broke during my bowling for trees incedent. Luckilly i had a bungee cord so i strapped it in whith that. So i turn around and go to head back out. I have to ascend another small hill whith a snow back at the top(this access was plowed but where it intersects whith the main road allan left a small snowbank) so i try just crawling up it, it didnt work. So i back up and hammer it, AIR TIME, i clear the main road and land on the snow bank on the opposite side. Back up and onto the main road and im good. Wow and all i needed was a clutch pedal...

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

quit hogging all the snow and send some this way please /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

if i come down for the seats ill load up the luv whith snow. that should give you enough to make a snow man /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif