Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I had this job interview today...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So I jumped in the shower and got all clean and crap and got thinking about college and lost track of time /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif By the time I got out I had to be across town in ten minutes... So I hurried up and put on my interview clothes and took off... Got there ten minutes late thinking I was dead, but there were about 5 people ahead of me.

So I sat down and filled out an application and sat around for the next hour reading a magazine (there was an article about a friend of mine, I didn't know she was featured in a magazine /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) and stuff...

Finally, it was my turn... My pants got small in the 8 months since I've worn them, gotta get new ones /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I only wore them once... Anyway... I went back there and we got to the lady's desk and she finally decided to introduce herself...

She looked over my application, saw that I applied for Checker or Starbucks dude at the new Safeway, then saw that I'm leaving Country Buffet because I dislike food service... So she gives me this look like I'm a freaking idiot /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and says "What the heck do you think Starbucks is if it isn't food service?" and I tried to remain calm while being super-offended and wanting to biotch slap that stupid look off her face, and explained to her that Starbucks is a beverage place that sells some food, but in my opinion it's not food service and I'd be willing to work there... Then she asked me a couple questions and started doing something else, not giving a flying crap what I had to say... Then she offered me a job, I start Monday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I hope the management here in town isn't like this lady, she's horrible and should be fired... I wouldn't want her representing my company in other states /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm currently thinking of an Alan Jackson song right now...........................

"Here in the real world..................."

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

So let me guess, you're gonna be selling coffee to a bunch of yahoos who don't realize for two bucks cheaper, they can throw in a pound of sugar and five cups of cocoa and have the same darn thing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifGood for you... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    So let me guess, you're gonna be selling coffee to a bunch of yahoos who don't realize for two bucks cheaper, they can throw in a pound of sugar and five cups of cocoa and have the same darn thing

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifThats it,I'm changing my avatar back.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Actually I'm gonna be a checkout clerk dude... since Starbucks is food service no matter what I think /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I have to memorize 50 produce codes by Monday or... else... I guess... she didn't say why, just said I had to know them /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Guess I will have to find a new place to buy my evening coffee now....................................... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Hey, I know............I will go to Starbucks and see my buddy, Carl. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

P.S. I won't make fun of your uniform, If you don't make fun of mine.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Actually, I don't think you will... I was supposed to be at the drug test an hour ago and slept right through it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Can't reschedule either.... So yeah, I guess I'm back on the market /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Actually, I don't think you will... I was supposed to be at the drug test an hour ago and slept right through it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Can't reschedule either.... So yeah, I guess I'm back on the market /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, thats pretty crazy
    ive been through a few interviews/tests myself lately at some manufacturing plants around here lately, yesterday's interview went quickly, says ill be getting a phone call by friday most likely and couyld start work monday, phew.
    been over 12 months since ive been at work, been laid off continuously, nothing around here is movign forward, everythign seems ot be dying off anymore, probably everywhere else too im sure,.
    jobs around here all start out at 6.50 and super rarely at anything higher, when you roll over to permanent then you get up to 7.50 and then 50 cents a year raise, i dotn know how it is everywhere else though, 7.50 is damn good for here, and thats manufacturing even
    good luck

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I've filled out more applications than I can count, and had about 5 interviews in the last 2 months... I finally ran out of money which is why I ended up working in a restaurant... But at least now I have some money coming in even if my job sucks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Can keep looking too /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif