Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I Have a Research Project For Work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Since it was mentioned that we might be able to change colors up on our cars, I took it upon myself to come up with some different ideas in hopes of coming up with something that will meet with approval and hopefully be entered into competition a LEO magazine holds every year...........................

During the course of the last couple of days, I asked around about who thought what looked best on a gun metal gray paintjob.

This was one of the answers:

[​IMG]

All I can think about now is how good Lt. Dangle from "Reno 911" would look driving that beast around........................

:haha: :haha: :haha:

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Say bubba, ever think about Red that would be a nice contrast

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yes, it would contrast good, but 1. there's already absolutely too much red on patrol cars around this area already because they are cheap skates and buy the generic graphics from Galls and 2. red would look absolutely gay on a sheriff's department patrol unit.

So far, the small consensus around work is gun metal gray. I personally would like to go all black with tinted windows. Those things look just absolutely awesome and sharp and when one of those cars rolls up, the impression is unbelievable. The one problem with that though is where we are, we'd have to invest in some power washers. When it's warm, I usually spray off my all white car before every shift just because of he dust factor. Black and white would be another good choice, but then we'd inherit the "trooper" stigma, which we don't want.

I've got most of the initial designs worked up that I am going to turn over to the bosses, and I will be posting them here soon just to see what you civilian types like and maybe use what I learn here.

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Go with a dark green.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

How about orange with a reble flag and an 01 on the side........

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ive always liked black with red accents but i see your point bubba. Do you know why alot of law enforcement is going from the Crown Vics to Chargers?

Theres a bunch of em running around back home now. I love the new chargers but when painted white with the red and blue graphics that Storm Lake and BV county has they are god awful ugly.

I just had a thought too...Hemi Orange

I assume you guys will get Chargers with Hemis wont ya

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Because the Chargers are around the same price as the Crown Vic, yet there are more standard features that come with the Charger, along with the speed and power.

I would imagine if we do go with Chargers, we will get the Hemis.

8. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

i like the gunmetal color, you could always do black with chrome graphics, or gunmetal with white or even gold...

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Poll is up:D