Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I hear Kansas is flat...

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Michk5, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Misawa Japan until December...moving to Wichita Ka
    So I'm moving to Wichita in January and would like to see some pics of Kansas wheeling!!! I know there are a few places to wheel including Tuttle Creek but does anyone have any pics of wheeling there? I'm guessing there is a lot of mud and such but what about trails...something that tests the suspension? Please post up any and all pics you have to include anyhting in OK or MO...without a doubt I will see some of you on the trails!!

Thanks in advance

Matt

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Oklahoma has several good places, including Disney, Poteau, and Clayton. Look through the midwest forum for the MO stuff. I know I posted up asking about wheeling in MO a while agao and they had several places to go wheelin.

Edit: BTW, Kansas sucks.

3. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Ahhhh...Kansas will be great!! Did you forget they just caught BTK!!! :eek1:

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the US, putting my truck together, and hitting the trails with some CK5 members!!

Thanks for the tips in OK

Anyone else have anything

Matt

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I'll try to get some pic's of Tuttle posted up this weekend sometime. Tuttle has a little bit of everything from mud holes to hills and rocks and trails.

Rick

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Heya, I'm at McConnell... Kansas is flat, but there's some decent mud holes around Wichita (e.g. Mulvane, Derby, and Andover.... and a few better places a little farther out). PM or Email me if you want to know anything about the area.

I've got a few photos I've taken while out in Mulvane:
    http://ke5bvc.info/gfx/K5/

6. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Rick,

Lets see those pics of Tuttle Creek :D

Thanks in advance

Matt

7. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Here you go. Sorry, I've been pretty busy and the pic's totally slipped my mind. My friends have some better pic's from both Mem. Day and Labor Day weekends. The first three are Labor Day weekend, and the last 2 are Memorial Day weekend. My friends have a lot better action shots, but they are all regular pictures and none of us have a scanner. If I can get them scanned I'll post them up later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rick

8. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Nice Pics....it seems that there is plenty of MUD in Ks!!! Hopefully, on a long weekend I can get a few of us McConnell wheelers up to Tuttle Creek and you can bring the Offutt crew.

Nobody else has anything? Lets see some pics of Disney or something that's going to require the use of my newly aquired TH400 Doubler!! :D :eek1: :D

Matt

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005