Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SO I heard Cheney....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TrcksR4ME, Oct 7, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Told people to go to factcheck.com during the debate....which turns out to be an anti-Bush website /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ooops! I guess he meant to say factcheck.org, but apparently that is slanted against Bush as well /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Interesting /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

LOL...I thought he said www.fatcheck.com myself!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Well...he was winded....when he said that!!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

This is what he said:

CHENEY: Well, the reason they keep mentioning Halliburton is because they‘re trying to throw up a smokescreen. They know the charges are false.

They know that if you go, for example, to factcheck.com (sic), an independent Web site sponsored by the University of Pennsylvania, you can get the specific details with respect to Halliburton.

It‘s an effort that they‘ve made repeatedly to try to confuse the voters and to raise questions, but there‘s no substance to the charges.

What a bonehead!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I don't fault him for something like that, 1) he is not of the "internet generation"-probably doesn't know the difference between .com, .org, .gov, etc the way us younger people do..., 2)They are under a little stress up on stage doing a live debate, overall they did very well....I think I was more interested in their debate than the Presidential one...

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Got ya, again! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. backcountry

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What a gay post this one is /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Bunch of whiny ass liberals.

8. backcountry

Man! You need to take note of my below quote! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif You posts are starting to become more and more negitive! /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

9. mrk5

That's funny, I was just thinking that you are cultivating a negative attitude. Especially in your posts about President Bush and Vice President Cheney! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. backcountry

Oh brother! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Now your really reaching! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's funny, I was just thinking that you are cultivating a negative attitude. Especially in your posts about President Bush and Vice President Cheney!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes, very Negative opinion of our President.

John

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What a gay post this one is /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Bunch of whiny ass liberals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I think Richard Simmons would be proud of the gayness occuring in this thread.

13. mrk5

So are you the only one who knows negativity around here? I'm only applying what I've learned from the education you gave me with your posts on cultivating a positive attitude. So If I did not get it correct, then your teaching methods are poor. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I believe you have negative feelings towards our President and Vice President. It shows with your posts. Am I wrong? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

I don't recall one positive thing you've said about them. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh brother! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Now your really reaching! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    saying things in an indirect backhanded manner isn't the same as not saying anything.

15. backcountry

Bubba,
    So why are you not proud then? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sorry Bubba; I'm not related to you!

[/ QUOTE ]
    that made no sense... just informing you

17. backcountry

Mrk5,

You are correct! I can't stand Bush just as a majority of you can't Kerry!

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

people who keep bringing up halliburton make me laugh, in a "thats ALL you have?" kind of way. lol. Halliburton hasn't had a single penny of profit in how long? a decade or so? trial lawyers get every penny they ever make thanks to a massive frivilous lawsuit related to asbestos.

Im still waiting for someone to provide a list of all the companies that could have done the work halliburton is doing in the middle east. Who else has the people ready to go who are willing to accept high-risk situations on a daily basis, know how to function within the international oil business, have the proper security clearances so getting their people "in" doesn't take 2 years, and are able to work in the midst of a war. Go ahead and list all such companies and then you can rant all day/night about a lack of bidding on one government contract.

j

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Man! You need to take note of my below quote! You posts are starting to become more and more negitive!

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    You can take Your little queer sig line and wash it down with a warm cup of STFU.

20. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    people who keep bringing up halliburton make me laugh, in a "thats ALL you have?" kind of way. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I really think that Bushs track record for the past few years tells it all !!! How deep do ypu want to dig ??? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif