Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I just went to the GMC dealership....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Jul 14, 2005.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I was trying to guess the "employee" discount price on a Regency conversion 4-door GMC 1/2 ton 4x4. White, Pro-Comp lifted with 35's and 17" some kinda chrome wheels and loaded to the gills. So this young hot shot comes walkin up to me and starts his sales pitch. So I start asking technical questions such as what gear ratio does it have. Turns out it has 4.10's from the factory BEFORE it was lifted. So I ask him what do they do to compensate for the bigger tires. He says they re-chip the truck and added some tubular headers. I look under the hood and am undecided whether it actually had tubular headers or not, doesn't really matter because I can't afford it now anyway, I just wanted to humor myself. Then I ask him about the gas mileage it claims to get, 15 city 19 highway. So I ask is that after the lift and tires or before and he says before but since it has 4.10's, the chip and headers it will get the same as the marked mpg. Go figure that one out. Anywho "employee" discount price........

roughly $47,000

OHHH I forgot the best part of the story. I had my K5 JIMMY with the JIMMY badge in plain site ideling beside this Regency truck and the guy looks over and says..."whatcha got over there a CJ-7?" I just about had to kick his ass right then and there. I was at a GMC dealership :eek1:

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

I had a salseman talk me out of ordering a dodge a few years ago right in front of his manager, he was hellbent on selling me a diesel off the lot and I wanted a V-10.....told me I'd hate the milege on a V-10, he quoted me 6-8 mpg around town.....I think he was out the door before I was, so I went and bought a GMC and couldn't be happier, serious fubar on his part, nice thing about GM is the standard 5-10k they'll knock off the price :laugh: well...at least they try to make em seem nice with the mark up

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That's almost as bad as someone calling it a Bronco! :o

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would have said; "You work at a GM dealership and don't know what a GMC Jimmy looks like ???"

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Every time my mom see's one of my K5s she says "whatch'a doing to your j**p now?" :(

6. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

i get bronco a lot, drives me nuts

7. 79cheyenneblazer

79cheyenneblazer Registered Member

I have an 04 avalanche z71 I'll sell ya.

Yes the bronco name drives me up the wall also, it appears that anything fullsize with a hardtop is called a bronco by the general public

8. foolhardy

foolhardy Registered Member

yes i get bronco alot i almost knocked a guy out for it

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I would much rather have a Bronco than an Avalanche :haha:

10. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Never had my Suburban called a BRONCO. :burb: :burb: ;)

11. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How do you think I feel with Blazer as a last name people call me Bronco :confused:

12. 79cheyenneblazer

79cheyenneblazer Registered Member

My first vehicle was my blazer, I bought the avalanche because I could use it for a lot more and so me and my fiancee would have a nice vehicle to start out with, but it is more than I can handle. I really liked it, I don't expect everyone to like them as they are a different vehicle. http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,46365.0.html