Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I saw a 35 spline D60 stub today for the 1st time....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

HOLY GEEZUUS....It blew my mind how big that thing was. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Was at FootHill Off-Road in Auburn, CA. http://www.foothilloffroad.com/home.jsp , My buddy that works there was showing it to me...had the 35 spline D60 stub and a Spicer u-joint for it sittin on the counter next to an alloy D44 stub and Spicer U-joint. I was considering goin the way of alloys and CTM's in my D44...Untill today. The difference is unreal. That D60 stub with a CTM in it is what I have my eyes on now.. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

the site wasn't that friendly
    do you have a url?

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Link fixed. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, compared to a 44 or 10b, the d60 is a monster. I know when I went to do my 10b to d60 swap the first thing I noticed was how much bigger the d60s hubs were than the ones on my 10b. I was like "yikes!!! this rules!". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Actually... that was the second thing I noticed... the first was that I could man-handle a 10-bolt front around by myself and that a complete d60 weighs like 500+ lbs. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j