Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I was just in the bathroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Nov 20, 2006.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Wandering thoughts follow:

Thinking about family members. I just got in touch with my aunt I haven't seen since my grampa died (2001). I was looking in the mirror, and started noticing family resemblences. I saw my dad and grampas, my mom, my uncles... It was a bit of a revelation. Thinking a lot about family lately, and how I can be there.

I think I'll try to get together with my uncle this Wednesday for lunch. Haven't seen him for a while, and his wife has a serious case of MS they recently diagnosed. The timeline doesn't look good. Maybe next weekend I'll go up to Tacoma and meet up with my aunt I mentioned at the top. Turns out she's head of Visitor Services and store manager at the Tacoma Art Museum. http://www.tacomaartmuseum.org/ in addition to being the artistic director for Shakespeare in the Parking Lot. http://shakespeareintheparkinglot.org/

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

it's funny how one day you see how much you start to look like older fam.hands,nose.visit while you are still thinking about it.i tend to get caught up in my own crap and forget the stuff i wanted to do.:doah:

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Arranged lunch today with my uncle for Wednesday. Emailed my aunt in Tacoma about coming up the first weekend of December. Going to take my little brother somewhere this weekend, to get him out of my dad's house for a while. He's really starting to dig going out with me, no matter what we do. ESPECIALLY Toys R Us! Took him up there about a month ago just for the hell of it. Played around the store, and he ended up with a Nerf gun. :D

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

i notice mannerisms similar to my dad's now and then. kind of odd since i dont see him much anymore.

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I've noticed that a lot lately too. In my body language, my speech, how I address people. Hopefully I manage to pick up only the good traits.

6. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

yeah that's what im hopin too. although i notice a quirk or too that aren't so desirable. :haha:

7. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

The real question is: Did you fold or Crumple?

Family is a good thing. Nothing like good family around to talk with, sort through problems, and laugh with. Can't beat the family.