Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I Went To A Mud Bog Today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And if you're wondering why this ain't in the Garage, then eat C-4. On with the rest of the program.....................................:D :D :D

I had heard about it, I had been asked to enter, I had wanted to enter; but because of my lack of focus, I didn't. Besides, I figure because of my adversion to deep mud, it would be better to get a scouting report first before getting it awn. I knew with the 35's, I would be bumped a class and don't feel the need to run against guys with 44's and stuff, but after today's action, I should have enter. Plenty of room on the sides to get good, semi-dry traction and with the 35's, I would have actually been close to the tallest tired truck in the field. Only competition looked like a Ford on some smallish tractor tires........................

Now on with the picture show.

My brother in law entered this early '90's 3/4 ton, complete with a new set of mud gripper (that's some Okie term, I guess it refers to cheap mud tires around these parts) tires. He did okay and took home second in his class. He was in the first class, which was 32" and below................:eek1:

[​IMG]

Now for you city folk, you just ain't been to a redneck fest unless you've seen some first class booty fab happening way too much. The Ford on tractor tires had some booty fab front shackles and by front, I mean the front shackles were on the front of the front spring. They looked pretty stout, but still...............

I caught this little gem of a cage running around the area. From the distance you can't see it too well. I didn't have the heart to go up to the owner and ask him for close ups because then I would have told him to hit up the PBB later (was wearing my Pirate4x4 shirt) to see the rave reviews he would get.:D

[​IMG]

If you guess the building material was exhaust pipe, you would be correct. Maybe they expect to roll it into a lake, since anything harder than water would make that thing collapse.

Now again for you city folk, it's not a true redneck gathering unless there's truly a vehicle that screams redneck in attendance. The only thing missing from this gathering was loads of half naked drunk chicks. But the vehicle was there.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Now you might not be amazed once I tell you the vehicle was a school bus, but upon checking out the awesome paint job, you city folk might call for the authorities.....................................

[​IMG]

Since I have your attention, usually I have found that vehicles like this tend to stay parked during the duration. This one did not. It actually belongs to the guy that put on this little event and he drove it around a little bit to show that it was in fact a running vehicle.

[​IMG]

Check out the custom deer antler grill guard. Can't get quality vehicle accessories like that down at your local 4WPW. If you look again, all the warning lights are still operable, along with the stop sign. What you cannot see is that the stop sign had been modified with a piece of chalk and now says "run."

Run is a good word in this part of the story. The one other thing that I missed seeing at this event besides the half naked drunk chicks was the absence of a large quantity of aluminum cans printed with "Bud Light" or "Keystone" on them. In fact, I didn't see any alcohol at all.:eek1:

Which brings me to this next photo and the last of the day, the owner in the previous pic just wasn't showing off, but he lined up that bad boy to take a stab at the gooey festival of 4x4 action everyone else was enjoying.

[​IMG]

I don't know about you, but those fancy dan car shows like "American Hot Rod" and "Pimp My Ride" or whatever the **** they are called don't have anything on this monster. Complete with smiley face on the back accessorized with "Confederate Flag" bandana, rolling down the interstate slabs of America would be an experience in this.

I can guarantee if a man were to get his hands on this gem, outfit it with about 5000 watts of Hank, Jr, some air conditioning and a bar in the back, those fruity fruits in those flowery painted buses belching a cloud of burnt marijuana out the back would have absolutely nothing on this bus. Roll that baby up to the cowboy bar at closing time on a Friday or Saturday night, make sure the bar is stocked well and I can guarantee the results would be something that would make great material for one of those 18 and over websites cause it would be nothing but sweaty titties and panties hanging off the antennas..............................:D

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Haha:D Great recap Bubba. I love redneck festivals:wink1:

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

What was he smoking?:haha: Looks like a fun time.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

My brother in law is friends with the guy that has that bus. Wonder if he'll let me borrow for the Moab trip?????????????:D :D :D

Bangbus is already taken URL wise, wonder what I could come up with????????

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You would not have to ride alone - you are right about the cowboy bar......

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    Wow, you guys up there in the Panhandle know how to party! I don't believe you about the "no beer" though:D
    Exhaust pipe cage spells "pimp":pimp:

John

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

that nwould be the coolest thing ever
    it would be so much cooler if we had a tow rig and a trailer