Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I Will Be Getting a New Patrol Car in a Month

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 16, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Only wish it could be one of these....

[​IMG]

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Italy is glad i'm not a cop...

'04 crown vic police interceptor? whats the difference between those and stock crown vics?

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

The Police version comes with a built-in combination Shotgun/Doughnut holder.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Who are they? The Keystone cops? The peckerwood on the left has a "Kick Me" sign on his back and the tool behind the car is playing GameBoy...WTF? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Who are they? The Keystone cops? The peckerwood on the left has a "Kick Me" sign on his back and the tool behind the car is playing GameBoy...WTF? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahhahhahahahahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

honeycomb on the keyboard....again

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I don't really know since most of my knowledge on cop cars is the late 80/early 90 TBI Chevy Caprices. Those had about $1000 worth of upgrades over stock 350 TBI engines, and all that stuff is available to the everyday guy.

I would probably say that the suspension and horsepower would be the difference. A few weeks ago, I busted a shock mount on my car and I didn't notice it cause the spring rates are juiced up. Hopefully with this new car, I'll be able to peg out the speedo. If I didn't have a light bar on the one I have now, I could do it, it runs around the 125 mark, and it has 128,000 miles on it. In fact, it can take two of the lower mileage units in our fleet, plus I'll have to say I'm probably the fastest on dirt/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

With my new car, I'll probably throw in a K&N and switch over to synthetic after the engine is broke in. I had the oil changed a month ago and it's already due for another change, we run that cheap crap.

7. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Don't forget about the pillow head rest and vibrating chair for bubba to take his afternoon nap under the tree. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

If I'm working afternoon, I'm usually stuck in the office, and I go on day shift for three days tomorrow before I go back to being a night owl /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I have worked nights all my life, would't know what to do if I worked days /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. I can understand though its hard when your shift gets changed. Takes a little time to get used to it again.
    Keep up all the hard work!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

and they all carry automatic weapons every where they go. I lived there for three years /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifand had my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif over there and a guy offered my wife 20,000 american and she said no and never told me where he worked /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

20k for your wife or for the sub? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I don't really know

[/ QUOTE ]

the big thing police cars have over regular cars, is cooling. never seen a police car overheat in a chase

they dont have cages in cruisers do they?
    any special safty items?

i was looking at a police tahoe a while back...really high gears, could cruise at 125. rear anti roll bar, hd brakes, dual exhaust ect

13. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

didnt really care just saw 20,000 lmao

wife will kill me know /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I just got a brand new backhoe to dig with at work......

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    the big thing police cars have over regular cars, is cooling. never seen a police car overheat in a chase

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the cooling system is messed up. The only real problem I have is I can't run 120 with the A/C on /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    they dont have cages in cruisers do they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some do, some don't. Depends on the department.

[ QUOTE ]
    any special safty items?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Just the everyday airbags and seatbelts. Kind of makes ya wonder what happens if ya crash at 120. Some cages though are somewhat of a rollbar.

[ QUOTE ]
    i was looking at a police tahoe a while back...really high gears, could cruise at 125. rear anti roll bar, hd brakes, dual exhaust ect

[/ QUOTE ]

They are okay. Right now, they don't offer a Tahoe that is pursuit capable persay, though some have been sent back to the factory to have the computer reprogrammed. If they made one that ran 130 and got 400 miles on a tank, we would probably have them, but we would suck the gas up pretty good considering 300 miles a patrol shift is average.

[ QUOTE ]
    My crew just got a brand new backhoe to dig with at work......

[/ QUOTE ]

Changed it for ya Mr. Supervisor /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Back several years ago, our police force got all new crown vic's. Well as luck would have it they had a "chase" not long after they got them, when all was said and done one of the new vic's went belly up..............it used 4 quarts of oil in it's first chase...........................My dad then worked in the garage, he told me the story, the cop driving it could'nt figure out what had happened............ /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

caprice?? thats just a glorified IMPALA.pretty soon you'll want a lowroder bicycle. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My crew just got a brand new backhoe to dig with at work......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changed it for ya Mr. Supervisor

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Mr. CREW LEADER, thank you very much...... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

20. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

Keep it american...... Interceptor concept
    I love the spotlight mirrors. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif