Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I'll ask a D60 question like everyone else

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by destinbeachman, Nov 12, 2006.

1. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

Dana 60 question #47 for today:crazy: My rebuild kits came with a thin seal with the dust cap that sits on top of the lower bearing race.I can't find any reference to it in any of the tech articles.The axle didn't have one in it when I tore it down.As hard as it will be to get the races installed(they are sitting in the freezer right)I don't see why it would be needed.Does anyone have any info regarding this?Thanks-Allen

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I believe that the seal you are looking at is a ford specific item. I could be wrong but I remember Doug, (highonda at PBB) telling me that

3. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

My bad...I was just confusing myself.Happens all the time LOL It's actually the seal that sits around the base of the kingpin itself.It was packaged with the lower bearing dustcaps and race and so all of a sudden I was thinking I had missed something along the way.Thanks anyway guys.

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Yeah, for a moment when I got my rebuild kits the packaging confused me. Then I reaqlized they just kind of threw it all together and vacuum sealed it.