Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so im getting all 4 wisdom teeth pulled tommorow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lunchbox, Apr 6, 2007.

1. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

and i wanted to know how much its gonna suck?:o

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hahahahahahah alot...No smoking and lots of sleepytime. probably tylenol w/ codine,hope you can take a few days off...Sometimes people have an easy time with it but all four at the same time...? I had two done and didn't reschedule for 6 years...:crazy: You'll be fine...;)

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had 4 removed on 4 consecutive Fridays a few years back and that was bad enough. i'd really look at not doing all 4 at once...

Rene

4. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

yea im not looking forward to it. do they use needles, to put you out? and are you allowed to drink any type of alcohol after?

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

No sucking on a straw for sure, I would just get one side at a time done that way you can eat and drink later.

6. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

the dentist said that their all easily accesible cause im still young and their just comeing in, and he said that all 4 at once is better.

7. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

I had 3 done at the same time, 2 were cooming in straight 1 was going in sideways. It wasn't as bad as most people turn it out to be in my case. A week later and I was good to go. They gave me some pills and It turned into nappy time real fast. If you have any questions I could give a shot and answer them.

8. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

i just wanna know if im gonna see needles, my two biggest fears are snakes and needles. ill **** a brick if i see a needle tommorow!

9. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

I got a 4 done at once. I got the needle in the jaw but they put me under too. To be honest It didnt hurt but I did have vykadin. I was a grumpy SOB for couple of days:D

10. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

yea im gonna have a problem with the needle part, that and i cant eat or drink at all tommorow and my surgerys at 12:30.

11. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

At least you get a nice suppy of Vickies or, if you whine enough, some Perks. :D

Mine have needed to come out for a while but I keep putting it off.

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Interesting you brought this up. I have one wisdom tooth thats been bothering me for about a month or so and have learned to live with it by chewing my food on the opposite side of my mouth.
    I'm not real eager to get it pulled, nor any of the other 3.

13. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at once. I would recommend doing it that way. Go through the ordeal only once. It my case, I had two growing in normaly and the other two were growing forward basically crowding all of the teeth in my jaw.

I don't remember seeing needles, but I was given general anesthesia. Just have them knock you out first and then poke you all over with the needle.:doah: :D

For a bit of comedy relief, have your mom/wife/significant other buy you a malt/ice cream shortly after you leave the surgeon. Have the video camera rolling as you try to eat it.:haha: You will laugh when you watch the footage.....:haha: :haha: :haha:

14. Dudge

Dudge 1/2 ton status

I had all 4 of mine done at once. It wasn't that bad. They put me out and I woke up one during it. I remember the guy sying, "Oh it's Ok, we're almost done." and I went back out. I guess he squeezed the bag a little bit. Lol I got some pills and laid in bed a couple of days. They put the IV in me while I was awake. Tell the guy/chick that you don't like needles, maybe they will give you some gas first, then stick ya.

15. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Had all 4 done at once. No real issues.

16. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I got one pulled on a friday, had a weekend between and then got another pulled on a friday. Then another weekend I was sick as a dog. So ya January sucked for me this year

17. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

well, i got their and told the nurse (who was actually cute) that id **** a brick if i saw a needle. so they gave me some laughing gas and they put this cold jelly stuff on it, the nurse held my hand :wink1: , and i guees they stabbed me. i dont remeber anything after that. they woke me up and my mom drove me home, i just woke up and i feel fine. i walked across the street and hung out with my neighbors and now im eating icecream. oh and they gave me these!:D

teeth resized1.jpg

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Nice...:haha: Mine were all busted to pieces....

19. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had all four removed while i was stationed in spain. Top two were coming in normal, bottom two were pushing straight forward. The choices were 1. Do two now and two next week, but only get local shots. Or 2. Do all four at once and we will knock you out. Choice was easy for me!:rolleyes: I remember getting the needle in the hand for the knock out stuff. I woke up during the procedure while they were drilling and cracking the bottom right tooth:eek1: . Felt the work but no pain thank god! Went back out, next thing I knew i was laying in my bed at home. Buddy drove me home and suposedly we stopped off at a house he had just moved into and hung out for like an hour. He said he knew it was time to take me home when I was drooling blood!:doah: