Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I'm going to start working at a hotel...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by afroman006, Feb 3, 2006.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Well I've been tired of never having any spending money and finally found a job as a night audit at a hotel. I'll be working graveyard shift 2 days a week at a Hampton in. This should be interesting. I'm just training right now, but from what I've seen I think I'll like it, the only dilema is the graveyard shift part. Time will tell if I can manage it. The best part is the amount of work. My friend who hooked me up with the job as well as the manager that hired me said I will have about 1 hours worth of actuall work to do a night and for the rest of the time I can do whatever I want.

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Why is this the best part?

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Haha... Night auditors are nuts... At least where I work... I hope you're in good mental health :haha:

Nah, I think you'll enjoy it if you don't mind lots of down time at work :D

4. afroman006

Its the best part because I can do some of my 30+ hours worth of homework a week while getting paid to work. I can also browse the net so it sounds like a plan to me.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Ya, that's what I was thinking. Good luck with it, and enjoy :thumb:

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like a perfect college gig.:waytogo:

7. afroman006

Well here I am in my second official night on the job. I dig it. Working during the week with school and whatnot is a little rough but I've been on the clock for 3 hours now and I've already finished most of tonight's work, in addition to dicking off for about an hour and a half. This job is allowing me to take my webwheeling to a whole new level.:haha:

8. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

And this is preparing you for the Real World how?

9. afroman006

By allowing me to start saving money to buy a house while I'm still in school and maintaining decent grades.

10. The Butcher

The Butcher 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Smart man. Call me when you need a loan for your house. I own a branch office of a mortgage company in Houston. I can give you some tips on getting your credit in the right place to get you the best rate as well.

Michael

11. afroman006

I'm actually thinking of buying a trailer. Houses are relatively inexpensive here but coming up with the downpayment would still be the biggest hurdle for me. There are a few "nice" trailer parks that alot of students live at. If they will allow me to keep my trail truck and trailer there I probably will go that route, that way when I move back home after school I can take my house with me :haha: . Another consideration is to buy an acre or two to park said trailer on. Obviously it would need improvements (Water, sewage and electricity) but that might be a better idea with my parts truck fetish. That would probably also be a better investment, cause I can sell then land when I leave. I'm probably gonna get hitched first so me and my woman can split morgage and both not have to pay rent anymore. I'm gonna PM you with some questions Butcher, thanks.