Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I'm No Longer a Virgin

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

For the first time ever, I've had to be strapped out of a situation with another vehicle........................................

Unfortunately the circumstances are just a little embarassing....................

Seems I found a "hidden" marsh in my front yard this afternoon as I was pulling the car up to spray it down. When I went to back out, the ground was softer than it appeared and immediately sunk the rearend.

So I broke out one of the tow straps from the 4WPW thing a few months ago, found out that Ford didn't engineer stunts like this into the design, had to break out the other one and tie them together, then hooked onto the K5 and pulled it right out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

WHOOOPSIE!

Been there, done that...... but not in my own front yard......

3. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

Im sure the neighbors got a kick out of it

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

At least it wasn't a septic tank overflow.................stuck my Shovel once cutting around in a Friends yard..............Phew!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that sucks,but its understandable. my brother got his bronco stuck in my backyard:confused: and literally could not get out so my friend when to pull him with his sub and HE got stuckWTF?? i had to pull them both out . my lawn got shreded. my neighbors laughed, two full size 4x4s stuck in a fenced in residential yard. i'm just glad i didn't get stuck.:haha: :haha:

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Don't tell me you get to wear jeans with the uniform shirt?

7. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Hehe... When I was driving for the towing company I used to pull cops out of places they shouldn't have been all the time. County parks, sinkholes, snowbanks. You name it I pulled them out of it. Sometimes out of buildings too :grin: . Of course the perps usually ended up upsidedown though.....

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Now I know where to dump the roofing nails the next time I'm in Oklahoma:grin:

BTW I just might have to print these pics out and show them to the guys at the local SD to show how helpless one of their "brothers" looks in a time of crisis.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

9. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

What - you did'nt do the ol' "put the floormats in front of the rear tires" trick?:rotfl:

Bubba, Before I got smart,(:whistle: ) I used to drive my company 2wd pick up on to jobsites after it rained. 4 or more "tow's" later, with Gradall forklifts, wheel loaders, or my boss's 4x4, I park on the street. Way out on the street.:D

10. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

Here I fixed it for ya. typical for a Ferd isnt it:D

11. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Hey, Bubba....I think you gotta wash the car again.:D

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Hell yeah, it's great. I don't worry about messing up a nice pair of uniform pants and with our terrain, there's not too many times that I come home not dirty or muddy. I can't explain this one, but tonight I was searching a car and after we got done, I had some dirt on my pants..................Don't have a clue how though...................

The only problem is what you see, the darn things are faded pretty good. I have three pair, two for patrol and another pair that are still pretty new for court.

We at one time were responsible for pants and we don't get an uniform allowance, so brown jeans were optional. Also, the quanity of nice uniform pants in dark brown on the market is pretty slim. About the only thing that everyone would agree on was the BDU style, but our boss does not like them one bit. Finally a few weeks ago, one of the guys found a company that makes a real uniform pant in our color and they were tested and appoved, so I'm waiting on my set to come in.

I'm just glad you didn't notice the generic ass uniform patch we have also. :D

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You see, I have a little problem. My hose isn't long enough to reach the driveway and I haven't got another yet, so pulling into the yard is no big deal and I'm pretty anal about the outside looking halfway presentable.

I guess we're gonna have to get the pipes checked. There's a couple of inches of standing water in the ruts right now and it hasn't rained/snowed here in a couple of weeks..................... :frown1:

14. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

You wear your shoulder mic the same way I do, but I put it under my arm an then around on my shoulder. Nobody else that SD does that. I do like those stripes on your cars. :D

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

when I was in school and still drove over the speed limit :whistle: I shot past a state trooper who turned on his lights, but didn't move. I was all alone on the highway when I passed him and knew that I was busted, so I pulled over (no out running them in an 4wd S-10 blazer anyway) and waited. It dawned on me pretty quickly that the guy was not comming, and I knew that I had been busted so I backed down the shoulder to see what was up.

He had backed off of the interstate and was dug up to the frame from flooring it to get me. He was somewhat stunned that I had both stopped and backed up. I offered to pull him out which made hime happy because he wouldn't have to call someone to do it. He let me off with a warning (verbal).

I went to school in a small college town about an hour by interstate from home. He pulled me over about a year later and remembered me. Of course he let me go (I wasn't speeding by much anyway) and we had a good laugh over the whole thing.

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Real nice dood, I see what your doing, trying to get them to give you a nice 4 wheel drive Blazer for your service rig, huh????:D

17. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

"Nothing to see here...... move on please...... nothing to see..... Hey You!!!! Turn that camera off!!! Hey !!! Gimmme that!!"

:blush::D:blush:

18. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yep getting stuck can be a bit embarassing. I went to turn around on a lady that was speeding and dropped the right front tire about 6 inches off the pavement and it was wet clay. I ended up 10 feet off the road and buried to the frame. Good thing one of the highway workers came by and pulled me out with a dump truck.

I remembered the car I had turned around on and ended up catching her about a month later. As I wrote the ticket she asked about the incident. I told her it must have been another officer.;)

19. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

not my chop, but its funnay
    [​IMG]

20. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status