Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I'm on vacation...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 19, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

So I\'m on vacation...

...and I'm sitting on the phone for 25 minutes now helping one of our "Mission Critical" people figure out how to use an emergency loaner laptop to run a massive application that will need to be run [if] we go to war (over dial-up). I'm going to f-ing kill her in a minute.
    Some new classics:
    Her: "This flat pad thing is the mouse? Oh wow. Now how do I click something?"
    Me: "Use the buttons right below your finger."
    One line that is now going in my classics list; "Ok, I got the cursor in the password box, what do I do?"
    My response: "Ummm, type your password and hit ok."
    Her: "OK, when I hit ok, do I use the left mouse button or the right one?"
    Now she's writing down "Press control alt delete to logon."
    She's WRITING IT DOWN!!!! WTF, IT COMES UP FOR YOU ON SCREEN!!!!

This is supposed to be vacation dangit!!

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Re: So I\'m on vacation...

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I feel your pain brother... I had to troubleshoot for our salesmen who lived in different states for some completely stupid reason, which meant EVERYTHING I did for them was either during thier monthly visit, or over the phone. nothing good ever came of it.

if we goto war, and we need that laptop to work, wouldn't it be more important that they fix the problem with the loose screw behind the keyboard first? HOW THE HECK CAN SOMEONE NOT KNOW HOW TO USE A TRACK PAD?!? or HOW TO LOGIN! or WHAT MOUSE BUTTON DOES WHAT? gah... hopefully you can get some vacationing done on your vacation.

last year, my old company decided to move the same week I had scout camp... so, I ended up leaving my scouts up in the white mountains, so I could drive back early and finish the final steps of moving... I was quite pissed, considering I'd given them 8 months notice on when I was to be on vacation. ( even moreso when they laid me off 2 months down the road)

Battered Net Admins/Tech Support Unite!

-Rich

3. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I too feel the pain. I do 2nd level support for Brokerage software (order entry, things like that) and these FA's (financial advisor's) have no clue about PC's at all. And some think they do, which makes it even more fun. I used to work at AOL....now you wanna talk stupid people...holy Sh!t.

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I feel you pain...my wife (blonde that she is /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) just got a loaner laptop from my kids school for some reason. the bad part is its an Apple so we've got to get the 5yr old to show us how to use it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

anyone wanna know where the guy I'm on the phone with went to high school...or anything about his last 5 years...cuz he's F**KIN' TELLING ME!!! I swear, I should be getting Therapists rates...I fixed his problem 20 minutes ago.