Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So I'm sitting here waiting for the cop to show up that I about BFG'd

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

So I\'m sitting here waiting for the cop to show up that I about BFG\'d

Well needed to take a test drive with old Dollar. Needed a few things from the store (man will a 16month old kiddo go through some milk). So my oldest daughter comes with me. Butiful day here in Atlanta so top off. Trucks running good. I'm happy. Kiddo is digging the nice weather. I'm grungy as all hell after spending most of the afternoon under the truck. Got my dew rag on, shades....look like a Degenerate redneck in a 7ft tall Jimmy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Heading back to the house I come up on a cop with a rice boy pulled over. Road is 4 lanes with a turn lane down the middle . Cop has the punk pulled over in the turn lane on the right side of the road at my Local Zone. Car behind me that Looked like it was getting ready to pass me in the left lane. So I ease off the gas give a little extra birth to the cop car as I'm coming up on it.
    FREAKING COP FLINGS OPEN THE DOOR JUMPS OUT WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING! He's got the dear in the headlights look on his face as 7ft of 4x4 on 35's comes up on him. His door is hanging in my lane. I lost track of the other car ans was affraid the jerk the wheel for fear of running it over and putting Dollar on it's lid with my 9 year old in it. Put my left tires right on the line. Blow past him at about 40mph (speed limit is 45) waiting to hear the tire rip the door off the cop car and praying the cop doesn't get taken out. Daughter is whit knuckling the armrests. Managed to miss the guy and the door.
    SO I watched him take a good hard look after I passed. Half expect he got the tag and is going to show up here. Hope he's not the type to want to come give me an earful for his stupid mistake. Then hassle me on lift laws. Bet he checks the mirror next time before he gets out /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: So I\'m sitting here waiting for the cop to show up that I about BFG\'d

Geez, yet another member having a hard time with the cops. Give them a break!!!!
    Actually, hopefully you woke him up. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Glad you guys didn't get hurt, that's the important thing. Good driving- no damage to vehicles, or people. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

I don't have a problem with cops in general. I'm friends with Depdog in real life and he's a cop. DEPutyDOG if you didn't catch what it ment. Acully I have several friends that are or were in Law enforcement.
    I have a problem with cops that try to use me and my truck to accidently commit suicide with my 9yr old as a witness.

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hat when I have to squish a local copper when I'm toating the kiddies along for a peaceful little stroll thru town! Nice manuvering Grimmy! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

-Dan

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

You'd have to call that "Evolution in Action" if he'd steped in front of you like that. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

8. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Ya know whats totally amazing... with the size of my truck, the number of people on the road that just plain dont seem to see it!
    I dont get it, youd think that people would be overly cautious of these trucks... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

My last experience was during a freezing rain of all things. I was driving along mindin my own business in
    town so around 35mph, right after I put my rear discs on, and this old lady pulls out right in front of me.
    Well, I touch the brakes, Thumper locks and slides immediately on the ice.
    The grandma looks to her left, sees me sliding towards her, and slams her brakes
    stopping right in my lane about like 30 feet from me. Well, my Jimmy drifts sideways a bit pointing into
    the opposing lane slightly. I figure I cant miss her, so decide to get on the gas and try to steer out of it.
    So I stab the gas pedal, the rear tires start spinnin, and shove me forward into the other lane.
    Now Im facing traffic. So I stay on the gas, crank the wheel back to my lane, the truck flips the rear end around the grandmas car
    missing it by what seemed like 1'. Now Im sideways in my lane, so I crank the wheel back, get off the gas and
    the truck straightens out perfectly centered in the lane I started in after pirouetting around the old ladys car.
    I pulled over and nearly passed out and threw up from my heart beating so hard.
    BTW, the car behind me wasnt so lucky, she got T-boned with no injury but a badly dented car!
    I can remember this cause it all happened in super slow motion, I can remember every move my hand made
    on the wheel, every touch on the gas pedal etc. Weird...
    So, good drivin, maybe he wants to give you a handshake for missin him.
    /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Heck people pull out in front of my Big Rig truck all the time. 40 tons of loaded truck don't stop real fast either. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

yup the pickup gets more respect then the 102000# semi

11. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

That happens to John all the time... gotta get in front of the big rig, or people believe that those things stop on a dime...Never forget the time I was with him, loaded, heading to a transfer statin, with the pup trailer on, guy in front of us in a Geo Metro of all things, decides he's going to turn left, right AT the road, slams on the brakes, we end up in the ditch/break down lane, the guy just slowly heads into the turn, for some reason people can be REAL idiots!! and wouldn't you know it, had we hit him, it would have been John's fault- for following too close, low and behold we had 3 truck (big truck) length's between us, but when your doing 55 and decide to slam on your brakes, it doesnt' matter how far the truck is behind you.. really p*sses me off.

with the Blazer- the best thing is when you meet an ol' lady on a corner- we have some hair pins here, and when I"m going round the corner- safely on my side of the yellow, and you meet them in their sunday car...you can see the white's of their eyes!! Around here, most people respect big trucks- though not all!

Brandy /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Sounds scary Grim. I have a great friend who is a State Patrol. Its always fun having an officer of the law on wheeling trips with you. You never know when you need someone to "smack down" a wacked out freak on a trail at 13,000 feet! One thing though, make sure you know how to use your turn signals or <font color="yellow"> Frisbie </font color> will let you know about it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

so did they ever show up???

14. Grim-Reaper

Nope never saw him. Probably ran the tag and then my license and found me to be an upstanding citizen with an absolutly spotless driving record and hopefully decided to leave me alone.

15. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ya, when I drove truck I would always get tons of idiots pulling out in front of me. My brother still drives and he is always telling me about people doing it to him... People just dont think!

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Neil, does Steve make you use the turn signals on the trail? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Rene

17. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I get upset when the big rigs move over into my lane too quickly for my taste. Yesterday I was coming back from camping in Arkansas. I was running into about a 30MPH headwind, doing 60-65MPH, pulling a 3200# trailer, with my 9' tall wall called a Jimmy. A rig passes me and moves over right in front of me to get out of the way of his buddy wanting to pass him. The turbulence coming off his rig really shook my rig up. Had to let off the gas to try and get a little better control and that Detroit let's loose. All that wiggling really send the trailer to fishtailing a bit. Short wheel base with a locker can make towing a trailer fun! Had one hand gripping the wheel something furious while the other was working the trailer brake control. I hate it when they do that! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

18. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Not when I was with him, but I dang sure wish he had. My old Blazer didn't ride NEAR as nice as his, he'd run off and leave me while I was getting beat to death /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

LOL...those King coils must be awesome on the trail!

Rene

20. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

In MI, you probably would have gotten a ticket for not moving over one lane. Law here. If there is a lane there to move over into, you must if there is any kind of emergency respose vehicle on the side of the road.

Ken H.