Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So....Is your K5 parked, or feeding?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jul 13, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That says:
    $2.61
    $2.71
    $2.85

[​IMG]

It's gonna be like Europe here soon... I'm wanting a motorcycle more and more.
    Gas is almost a friggin buck more than it was when I was driving my guzzler around...

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I drive the truck as little as possible, spend about 60.00 to fuel dual tanks. Gets pricey if you drive a lot.

I have it out about once a week for in town driving.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

my blazer gets better fuel mileage than my silverado, but my t-case is cracked and its freaking hot so i drive my silverado. But gas doesnt matter to me since its a company expense :D

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

still got $2.19 around here

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Mine is parked for now lol. :frown1: until i can find the TIME to do anything with it lol :thumb:

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I drive mine about once a week, damn 50 bucks a week in gas is killing me :eek1: . I hate to say, but I had to break out the trusty Nissan that gets 20 miles to the gallon.

7. google

google 1/2 ton status

I've had my wife's minivan for the last couple weeks. Been using that. My blazer is my DD most of the time though. About 250 a month in gas.

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

my Blazer eats middle grade @ 2.49
    my Mustang eats premimum @ 2.59
    I drive them both at least 40 miles a day to work and stuff
    My stang gets better milage than my k5. If I can keep my foot out of it, But thats really hard to do.
    AHHHH life is good in V8ville :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  9. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I use regular in my '94. Plus, I drive alot - its an addiction. I figured up that I spend about $400 a month on gas. I fill up about twice a week, avg. $50 a fill up.

So I quit thinking about it, I just do it....

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Average for us here is about 92 cents a litre lately. That's $2.82/US gallon...:eek1:

I only work 3 miles from home though, plus I only take my truck to work maybe two days a week...so I usually don't spend more than $30-$40 per month on fuel. The most fuel I use is when I go see my buddy about 35 miles away. That's two or three times a month.

We also have an XJ, but it actually get worse mileage than my Jimmy does. It does get driven daily, but also not huge miles. That thing probably goes through $80-$100 a month.

So yeah gas and diesel is expensive...but we don't really spend much on it compared to many others. The annoying thing the last while has been the way they jack the prices up and down. Every morning it's priced at $1.04/liter ($3.19 / gallon) and every afternoon it's down to .92/liter ($2.82 / gallon). They really try to screw people that are in a rush and need fuel on their way to work...

Rene

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I just suck it up and drive , my most reliable vehicle that I can drive is my 83 Blazer .

Plan on driving the Chevelle when I add discs and the engine gets put in ( when cold outside ) , that should get better mileage since it weighs 2000 lbs less and has shorter tires :D

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Excuse me for my impertinence, but do they sell it by litre or gallon or am I wrong in thinking how many litres are in a gallon?

13. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Liter's about a quart, so it's about 4L to the gallon. The $$ figures could be CAN$, or Rene could be using imperial gallons :haha:

-- A

14. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

that would really piss me off if they did some screwed up chit like that here. :mad: :mad:

15. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

They sell it by the liter here. 3.78 liters to a US gallon. So...$3.52 (can$) for 1 US gallon. Last exchange rate I saw in the paper (today) was 1.2313.

$3.52/1.2313 = $2.85/gallon (apples to apples)

At the higher morning price it would be $3.89 (can$) for 1 US gallon or $3.16/gallon (apples to apples)

Yes the huge price differences daily tick me off. What's worse is they change their tactics every once in a while. A while back gas prices would steadily drop as the week went on with the lowest prices usually on a thursday or friday. Monday morning it'd be jacked up again.

Then they started changing prices according to common paydays with the highest prices on Fridays, or the 1st and 15th of each month.

Now it's more like playing the stock market...there is definitely a strategy involved in making sure you never buy at the higher prices. We used to always fill up in the moring on the way to work, now i do it on the way home from work. No big deal, and it does save a fair amount. Unfortunately the 'pattern' was recently written about in the papers here so they'll change their tactic's again soon.

I wish they were not allowed to jack the prices around so much.

Rene

16. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

regular is about $2.35 here these days...

i DD the K5 about 40 miles a day.. i am looking to pick up a $500 beater 4 cyl for buzzing back in forth to work... its more so i can take the K5 off the road here and there for bigger projects than fuel costs... i love driving the K5.. :D

17. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Parked. It's cheaper for me to own and drive a car than to just drive the 'Burb. I do a lot of driving. :o

18. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Still Feeding

I drive a 72 3/4 ton burb for my work truck every day.
    Have four of the 67-72 year trucks registered and running down the road, drive one every day grinnin' all the way. ;)

I figure it's paid for and I can fill up 12/14 times a month easy before I'd approach a modern day car payment for a gas 'mizer' car and then it would still need it's own gas/up keep on top of the payment.

Insurance is way cheaper driving old too.

19. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I alternate between the K5, the Cherokee and the 1 ton ambulance. Haven't checked again, but I think the K5 gets same mileage as the Cherokee, and its alot more fun to drive with the top off!!!

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I sold my last K5 around a year or two ago. I was looking at some pictures of it last night, and man I miss that truck, even with modern gas prices.

I'm thinking I'm going to sell or trade my Intrepid for a bike real soon and just drive the pickup on rainy or non-bike freindly days. It's not helping that one of my best freinds just bought a bike and is constantly talking about riding...