Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So, it's 10:15 PM and the neighbor calls the landlord...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wy4tt, Jul 29, 2005.

1. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

On me because I'm revving the engine in MY driveway and running in and out (that's what she said I was doing...)! This builds off the "How late do you work on your truck" thread I suppose. Anyway, I'm letting the engine IDLE while I add coolant. That's it. No revving whatsoever. I then leave (head to the Chevron) and my new neighbor decides to call our landlord and complain. I've lived here for 7 years and no one has ever complained. What would you guys do?

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

hopefully if u've lived there that long.. and no one has ever said anything and u know ur landlord pretty well.. dont worry about it. they are nuts.. kinda like my neighbor who im wondering when the cops will come if i open my hood at night... ugh

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I think its BA Time!

4. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

As in BA Baracus?

5. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Stockk5, I'm not worried about it so much as annoyed. This lady has shown repeatedly that she just can't wait to complain about something...anything. She's mad at me, truth be told. She came over to my truck at 2:00 am while I was polishing my wheels...with a rag and mother's (quietly) and proceeded to interrogate me. After her third inquisition as to what I did at night, I told her it was none of her business. So she got mad, and ever since she's been crazy. My wife and I try to wave at her and she'll have none of it. She ignores us. Looks the other way, etc. I know what the problem is. She's mad, and she's just not very smart. I'd be mad too if I were as dumb as she appears to be.

Anyway, I've even started parking on the street if I come home late at night...because I'm TRYING to keep it down. But after this, my attempts are apparently not working out. So....perhaps I should go on living my life the way I have the last 7 yrs here. Screw this life altering BS she's got planned. She also said she almost called the cops. Of course, I hear all this through the landlord since she can't handle talking to me. Well I said let her call the cops. If magically, I can't drive my vehicles out of my driveway at 10:00, then the cops must have something new to say.

6. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

i say go on as you always have and do nothing to prevent annoying her hell id almost say TRY to annoy her maybe she will move

balzer

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Let her complain. After a few groundless complaints bith your landlord and the police will (or should) get the message that she is a whiner and tell her to stop. Just don't give her a good reason.

8. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

we have someone in our neighborhood like that.... 4 houses down and across the street from me....
    she called the cops because we had a fire in my neighbor next to her back yard... it was in a fire pit... the cop looked at us and said... I would build it up... smother it with wet hay, take a fan and blow that mother fer into her house (HE ACTUALLY SAID THAT :haha: )

he walked over there and she reamed him for the fire still being on.... there is more to it... they have 3 kids... the older tells the 2 year old to say biatch loudly so they can hear them, they curse up a storm... low lifes... my son trying to ride his bike without training wheels fell over and they laughed at him.... he was upset being 5 that people could do that...so we dont talk to them anymore.... however when I take my truck by their house I rev the shat outta it.....dont drop the clutch because that is wreckless....

anyhow what I would do is find out what time the ordinance is in your town.... and f her because the ordinance is there for people like her to not complane until then...

in our area it is 11pm... hell my air compressor, welder and hammering goes on from day to 11pm or even 1am.... no one complains....

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like one of those people who have nothing better to do. They like to stay up late and look/wait for anything to happen that will give them reason to call the landlord.

Another possibility is that people like this could be lonely and are seeking attention, but in a way that you and I could not fathom.

If I were you, I would let it slide a little longer. If she does contact the landlord and the landlord doesn't do anything about it, forget it. But if the landlord makes a note about it to you, call the police and file harassment charges on her, just to get her to back off and shut up.

10. RustyParts

RustyParts 1/2 ton status

Ahhh, Good ole Country Life, I Love it.

11. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Guys we should see if we can get a group price on those electric exhaust shutoffs. Open the exhaust full to piss off those people who whine, and when the cops show up have the exhaust closed off. :D I'd love to have one of them rigs.

12. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

I'd put louder mufflers on, disconnect the choke so it's really hard to start when cold and find reasons to wake up in the middle of the night and drive to the chevron for a gallon of milk, place some evil looking demon sculptures on the side yard facing her house and form a pentagram in the front yard using rocks from stonehenge........ :bow:

13. gonecheenin

gonecheenin 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Gin bottles and yard cars. :D

15. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Haha. That's it. I told some buddies about your suggestion and it got quite a laugh.

16. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

do what i did- push the limit of the law if there is one- be real loud so when ure quite she cant complain. when she comes over to complain when ure real loud,say ure just living up to the complaints. she should appreceate ure quite time a little better :D

the only prob i have is i like my other neibor so i cant be to mean cause i dont want to be on her bad side.

but they got the point at 11pm new 350 and no headers next to their fron door :eek1: :haha:

17. cow killer

cow killer Registered Member

i dont live in "country" but we are out there. our sound ordanice is set for 1130 pm. from 11.30 till 6 no noise
    we have fired up our drag car at 11, had cops show up and look at the car. just cause somone called about the noise, they have to show up. they stayed an 1/2 hr and we talked about the car.

18. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

i love being at my friend's house when he has to break in a new cam in his extreme latemodel dirt track car...talk about the phone ringing off the hook!

:haha:

id check into the local ordinance personally and push the limit!

19. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Had a friend that lived accross the road from a small welding shop that was in an old metal building with no air jusr a exaust fan. :( He worked a early morning job so he had to get up very early. All he done is walk over and let them know what his/work slash sleep hours were since he found that in the summer the mostly worked at night when it was cooler. The guys said ok and most of the hammering that they done started happening before his bed time or after his wakeup time. You know a few weekend nights it was excessive but they also worked on there own projects. they really done all reasonable to keep it down at night when they worked at night.

It is like at work why can't people be reasonable and talk out thier problems. Seems as if some people just want to be a pain in the. If she would just say I do this at this time and really need quiet it would be a different story.

20. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

makes me very greatful i am working on clearing my 1800' driveway (only 300' is currently needing cleared as there is an old road) and building my place there. :D love the country ;) :waytogo: