Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So just what has Pure Insanity been up to? pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pure Insanity, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Some may have noticed Im not around NEARLY as much as I used to. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Well, Ive been busy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Take a look Pure Insanity version 4.0 Version 1 is stock, 2 is a 6in lift, 3 was the body lift, 4 is this incarnation of PI. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

like the shakle flip. just like the one i did one the Blue Beast only i did it for a 4" lift. also dig the front reciever /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

looks good! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. Pure Insanity

I got the idea for the flip from someone on here that had a pic somewhere. Cant remember who it was tho. LOL! Wasnt you unless youve changed your user name.

I hope to not need the front reciever, /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif but I will sooner or later, so Id rather have it.

Thanx! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looks good /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif cochev used to be blue beast /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

wasn't this one was it?
    [​IMG]

6. Pure Insanity

LMAO! Yeah that was the pic! Thanx for the idea! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Looks like you have been busy. Glad to see you are getting er done. All that lift should help you in the mud I bet.
    Couple questions though, Why did you need to grind the calipers? It looks like you still have to 10B up front?
    What's back space do you have on your wheels? It seems like they really stick out.
    The PI is really looking nice (and big!). Getting a nose bleed yet?...hehe /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Pure Insanity

Almost every nite about 1 1/2-2 hrs and 3 Saturdays over the last month or so.

One side shows the 6 bolt for the before caliper grinding pics. It 8 lug 10 bolt now. Im not sure what the BS is on the wheels. Id guess its the standard for 8 lug 15 inchers.

The rims are 14 wide so its really gettin wide. BUT its close to as wide as it is tall now. Well maybe not. I hung the bare rims on the 14 for grins and took a measurement. 7 feet 6in. wide IIRC. Then add the tires to it and its close to 8 foot at the widest point on the tires in the rear. The front is over 8 feet Id guess. And PI is prob closing in on 9 feet tall. I cant reach the rear wing anymore.

Nose bleed....close! Im 6'2-3" w/ 34" inseam so Im kinda tall w/ long legs and Im getting to where its getting hard to get into. Amazing what 2" will do. LOL! I can no longer see in the side windows either. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

nice shocks!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Pure Insanity

LMAO! Ya like them Hot Pink shocks huh?! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I didnt have time to sand all the chips and scratches out and paint them so Ill just leave them till I have time.

At least theyre not pastel pink. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

coat them in mud and call it good

12. Pure Insanity

Most likely that is what will happen. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I know Ill never get around to sanding and painting them.

18 days till Rebel Run, they should be unrecognizable by the end of the weekend. As will the rest of PI most likely! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

hey, pink is my favorite color, and if you have to ask why, you're too young to know the answer

14. Pure Insanity

LMAO! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And I havent been too young in a decade or two. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

15. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Da-dang that suckaz tall, I'd probably be staring at the bumper. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Be carefull with all those blue-hairs you have around there, they might get lost under the fender or something.

Nice work.
    Keep an eye on those U-bolts.

16. Pure Insanity

Thanx Eric. The front Ubolts are the only concern I have being kinda long. The rear ones are the same size as whats been under there, just these are bigger across for the 14b. I just replaced 2 in. of block w/ the trac lift.

The pinch welds on the rockers are @ 35 and change off the ground. So that can give you an idea of the bumper height. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

What kinda carb are you runin on that truck?? Alos are you happy with it? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

looks good... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Pure Insanity

LOL! Thats a loaded question. In some pics it has an Edelbrock 600. It wouldnt feed it enough. It would go lean and fall off just rollin down the road. Some pics are a highly modified Holley 850 Double Pumper w/ mechanical secondaries. Fed it great, (all the way to almost 8000 RPM when I shifted out) just couldnt lean it out enough at idle. Anything off idle was perfect, idle was rich. Whats on there now is a 750 Vac. sec. It performs OK IMO. Its like the lesser of all evils. I despise vac. sec. carbs of all types, but didnt have the bucks to get a 750 dbl pump w/ mech. sec. That is in the future plans. Provided the motor in PI doesnt end up in my Camaro and a BBC get dropped in PI. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

As far as recommending it, I dont know. Holleys CAN be tricky. Most people screw w/ them till they screw them up. Go lean and itll pop thru the carb and take out the power valve. Then you run real rich all the time. Its a simple fix but most people dont think of the PV and get pissed and take them off. (Ive been given LOTS of new Holleys over the years that I have put new PV in and been fine. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) I love Holleys and wont run anything else on any of my performance motors. They are just about infinately adjustable if you have the ness. jets. BUT you have to know how to tweak them.

A carb I most commonly rec. is an Edel. 600-750 depending on what you have.

20. Pure Insanity

Thanx Fumes! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif