Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So lets hear about this Potosi run!

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by KRAZIE87K5, May 27, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

We want all the details! Carnage, camp fire stories, them Jeeper guys... and of course, I need pics too! Spill the beans! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Dan

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Tickets issued for traveling the trails... Apparently they have decided to change their policy about signed and bermed and forgot to tell anyone! So, Potosi is basically not worth going.

Todd did the Wall again, several times! His truck is definately working with the D60. Im trying to convince him to keep it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Of course, my truck stayed home without a rear driveshaft. I'll get photos real soon.

3. KRAZIE87K5

Tickets? Now that sux. Your truck stayed home? That sux too. Todd did the wall several times? Now that really is bad. Anyone else have any luck at it? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-Dan

4. KRAZIE87K5

BTW - how much are the tickets for? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

-Dan

5. Mudzer

$100 per ticket. I believe they will get out of it because we were on a numbered Forest Service Road which is fine. The guy was a real ass, and we gave him hell! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. KRAZIE87K5

What happened to your Barney Fife character?

-Dan

7. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Toby Barton=Barney Fife

http://www.midwestjeepthing.com/Forums/topic.asp?topic_id=8531&forum_id=5&Topic_Title=Potosi+%2D+MTNF+Memorial+Day+Weekend+%2D+Tickets+I&forum_title=General+Discussion+Forum&replies=0&M=0&S=1

Here is a thread on it.
    WE found a new Super Duty completly totalled under water and mud. The pics cane be seen at:

www.capitalcitycrawlers.com under trip photos...then under MTNF portion.

by the way....the "you gonna let those guys be your daddy" comment was made towards me...I'm only 19 and Neil/Pam were riding with me when we got the tickets.

Blake

8. KRAZIE87K5

That sux. Damn... really blows that we have been chased away from one of the more centrally located wheeling spots that offered decent wheeling. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Anyone plan to fight their tickets? Or is everyone just going to pay up and shut up?

-Dan

9. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I think we're all planning on fighting the tickets. We entered through an area that was clearly a former road and wasn't marked closed. There was a sign on a side trail marking it closed, but we didn't enter there. The tickets were issued on an open Forest Service road, which is indicated on the tickets (there was a camp site, not 50 feet away).

Also, my ticket appears to be improperly filled out. I'm going to contact everyone about it. Neither box A or B (you have to go to court vs. you can pay the fine or go to court) was checked.

It's really too bad it happened and I feel badly for Neil. There were no markings of any sort that indicated the area was closed, it was marked as an open road on the quadrangle map and we still got ticketed. Sucks! I still had a blast over the weekend and if things get sorted out as far as where you can and can't go, I'd go back to Potosi again in a heartbeat.

It's funny, the second day we were there, after Neil had left, we saw a line of Jeeps, a dozen or more, entering the same entrance, and Sunday night they told us they had no problems.

10. Mudzer

It must have been all of those primered K5's. They always attract the law enformcement. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

We will get this worked out and perhaps after we get some non ces-pool BS information, we might be able to go back. I am just ready to wash my hands of Potosi. Actually, its the Wall... It just Scares me... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Chris, A or B box wasn't marked either.

I have to say that even though getting the tkt really sucks. More so then anyones else from what happen on the way home Saturday night. Thats another story. I will say that this was my first ride and I think the stock Jimmy and I did an ok job. I wished I would of been able to stay the weekend. I had a blast on the trails until Barney Fife showed up. I do plan on making it to other rides after I get my Jimmy set up more for trail riding.

12. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So what IS open? Have they closed my lake?!?! Have to let me go with ya next time, they won't want to get near us if I ma pumping the diesel out!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

so how bout a pic of this wall?

14. KRAZIE87K5

[​IMG]

There are more pics here... if you have a high speed connection! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Oh yea... sorry for the huge pic! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Dan

15. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Dan,someone's gonna eventually hafta show you how to size down pics so they dont rape the whole thread. You'd think a computer guy with your considerable experience and expertise would be fluent in this, but I guess even a smart squirrel gets outfoxed now and again. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Oh yeah, and btw, nice fenders!

16. KRAZIE87K5

It has nothing to do with being "outfoxed", it has to do with being LAZY. Give a guy a break. I replied at 10:30... thats past my bedtime. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

17. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

10:30? Thats just the start of the day!!!!!

18. Mudzer

Not to Pimp Potosi but, the Wall is probably the toughest thing I have done to date! You should see it in person, pics are not even close to the severity and steepness. Sheet man, Todd's 1 Ton K5 with Fo-Tees had a fun time getting up this hill! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Please tell me this guy didn't actually did this to a perfectly good tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif..

[​IMG]

BIGJ

20. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif