Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So lets make a deal....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TrcksR4ME, Oct 28, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

After the elections STFU about Bush and Kerry /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Ok, seriously now, I already see some stuff about how the liberals are gonna be whiney and bitchy if Kerry loses....soooo.....If Bush loses does this mean the right wing will just sit there and take it, or will you be just as whiney and bitchy as a little liberal punk?

SO how about we make a deal, no bitchin after the election, from either side /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif (This pertains to posts here in the Lounge)

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok, seriously now, I already see some stuff about how the liberals are gonna be whiney and bitchy if Kerry loses....soooo.....If Bush loses does this mean the right wing will just sit there and take it, or will you be just as whiney and bitchy as a little liberal punk?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asking if Bush loses is the RNC gonna cause as much division as the DNC did last time when they attempted to steal the election?

If so, email the RNC and ask them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I just mean people on here. I can already invision posts either way depending on who wins/loses.

I just wonder if the Republicans on this site will sit there and be quite about it if Bush loses, or if they are gonna have posts similar to whiney little liberals. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Oh, I see. One thing I can guarantee and you might as well accept now. There's gonna be a lot of unhappy people after the election. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

As for me, I'm going to jump into my rig and head for the hills. The next four years would be a real beotch if Kerry is elected.

John

6. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    As for me, I'm going to jump into my rig and head for the hills. The next four years would be a real beotch if Kerry is elected.

John

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yea if Kerry wins we are in going to be in trouble /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I think you guys should all just STFU about politics right now, your all ruining my grnola and yogurt breakfast... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI think we difinately need a politics only forum... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    After the elections STFU about Bush and Kerry /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

SO how about we make a deal, no bitchin after the election, from either side /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif (This pertains to posts here in the Lounge)

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me conjure up the spirit of that great Southern Comedian, God Rest His Soul, Jerry Clower and let him respond for me........................

"I ain't gonna do it. My ancestors come out of the ground and git me."

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

OH MY F-ING GOD!

I am SO tired of listening to the BULLSH*T about this election. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Poor Kerry this, Kerry is a whiney bitch about that... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

ugh... the only respite is the BOTD! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif and half the time one whiney liberal /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif or pushy conservative /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif bitches about something on THOSE posts too! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Not to mention the BULLSH*T spam jumkmail that I get my the mailbox every day about how Bush is bad or Kerry is a pus*y /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

I agree... once this election is over, how about we go back to being wheelers instead of political analysts. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

-R

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

John

[/ QUOTE ] My best friend already said he'll move to Italy if Kerry gets elected. I'll probley go too.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    My best friend already said he'll move to Italy if Kerry gets elected. I'll probley go too.

[/ QUOTE ] Ahh too bad they call it the WORLD WIDE WEB.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Ummm, NO .

All this bitching is way too much fun.

13. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Check your history-the elephants are the only party that have "stolen" an election. I don't vote party, I vote for the person that I believe will do the best job. Bush does not impress me.What has he done for the middle class in this country? All these great promises about healthcare and social security. If they are so important to him, then WHY hasn't he done anything about already? Politicians and diapers both need to be changed frequently and for the same reasons!

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Sure is fun to have a great economy with no rights under another nations rule!

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Sounds to Me like someone is just a tad worried.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What has he done for the middle class in this country?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer for the entire class, but since 2000, I became a homeowner, I'm raising two kids comfortably and considering a third (via adoption and custody arrangments), my wife stays at home to raise the kids, I have awesome health/dental coverage (I just worked out some details of it today, so I'm still psyched about it), and I'm seriously mulling over a business venture.
    How much effect can a president realistically have on a guy like me? I don't know, but I am darn glad I got that tax cut.
    I've also gone to work for an evil "Corporation" that everyone says Bush is working to help (even though his administration fined my company immensely recently)...

Bush has helped me, in the very least, by cutting my taxes, which has enabled me to work on my retirement fund. Although, my house is a money pit, so I may use my retirement fund before I retire...

When I think back to life as it was for us before 2000, living in a crappy little apartment (that we now own), raising a daughter and working insane hours, always being 99% broke; those are days I never want to go back to living like, and that was how we lived during the Clinton administration.
    Coincidence? Maybe.
    Trickle down choices or policies benefitting me? Maybe.

And another thing that's been bothering me about the unemployment numbers;
    If I get laid off, it's not because of the economy or outsourcing, it's because technology has developed enough to replace me. I am one guy handling 2 or 3 sites. As technology gets better, I could either handle a dozen sites, or I could be eliminated while someone else takes over my sites.

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like talking about this stuff. I don't like when we get at odds with each other much, but politics/religion are things that will do that.
    As far as stuff like finger pointing and accusation by the losing side, well, we don't really need that here, but we talk about the news occasionally, and no doubt some outrageous event or problem will occur during the election that will be news for weeks.