Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So Max(new hedgehog) went to the vet today.... not cancer it's....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Aug 1, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

his testicles. I noticed A strange lump on his abdomen a week or two ago. It had me worried, and eventually seemed to grow larger, then I was REALLY worried. Some may remember Ruby developed a cancerous tumor near the end of her life. So I scheduled a vet visit and took him to work today so I could go right to the vet from work. While showing him to some people at work, I noticed that there were two lumps. For a split second I was MORE worried, then I realized... I'm a dumbass. Took him to the vet and sure enough she confirmed, those lumps, are his balls. Hes got some large balls for such a small animal...

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: At least you don't own a dog or something.

3. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

you need to taste them to be sure.

do hedgehogs stink? ive been thinking about getting one.

they sociable? or do they just run into walls

4. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

maybe his balls are swelling from lack of use.........:confused:

i bet he needs a lady friend....:haha:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Stink no. Sociable, very much not. They don't care for people much. You can bond with them to make them sociable but then they will only be sociable with those they bond with.

6. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

so no playing catch in the yard with them eh? :(

so what exactly do you do with them? they run around and poop where ever? id like to have one, and think there cool, and if they bond with me, does that mean he will chill with me?

whats there habits?

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

chill with you? no. I had always hoped for that and it only ever happened once in the 2 years I had Ruby. It was a very strange thing. One night she climbed into my bed(up the bed sheets that were hanging down) and curled up next to me and went to sleep.

They just explore. They like to stick their noses into every place and try to go there. When they hang out with you, they don't notice or care you are there until you move. Ruby hated movement. Even with her being very strongly bonded with me she still freaked when I moved around a lot. This little guy is much calmer but thats very rare.

What they do? Eat, sleep, and poop, maybe run on the wheel a little bit. Climb, the new little guy loves to climb and dig.

I sound very negative of hedgehogs I know, mainly because I don't believe them to be the pet for everyone by any means. Everyone always says how cute they are and how much they want one, but when they touch them they realize, they do in fact hurt you, or that they don't do much. I really simply love them because I feel they are the animal emobiement of myself.

Oh the most you can expect in the yard is to watch them wander and catch the rare bug. I used to really enjoy watching Ruby in the yard.

They are nocturnal creatures as well. They are most active while the majority of us sleep.

8. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I thought they collect golden rings, and fight Dr. Robotnic :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :dunno: :dunno:

could just be me though

9. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

At least i wasnt the only one thinking that:haha:

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Hedgehog "Holmes"...

So,Sled Dog is the proud owner of a Hedgehog thats hung like a horse?...:haha:

Hafta change its name to "Big Balls",in honor of the AC/DC song,or "Hedgehog Holmes"....:D