Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So my bro-in-law's on the fence, but 51% Kerry

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Oct 31, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

So my bro-in-law\'s on the fence, but 51% Kerry

...and I had no idea until after I finished trashing Kerry at the table.

My brother is home from the Navy, so most of the family got together tonight for dinner, and politics came up. My sister's voting Bush, my brother in law will vote Kerry if he votes at all, as of now.
    We were talking about the military and how Klinton more or less almost turned it into mush, and how Kerry's even more left than Klinton, and why should we expect a strong or wholly effective military under him. Then the UN came up, and we went at it... My brother and I are pretty far right I'd say, my brother in law is in the middle, but leans left. He at least conceded the vote for Kerry would be more a vote against Bush than for Kerry.
    I also found out thier big family friend (who's involved in just about every family event, so she's actually like part of thier family), is in PA tonight campaigning for Kerry!! My brother and I were like "WTF?? WHY??", because we're fairly sure she's not involved or really follows much politics. Well, because she doesn't like war. I'm guessing she hasn't actually looked at the votes and quotes from Kerry endorsing the war before it became unpopular to do so... It's kinda not that surprising to know my bro in law's on the fence and leaning toward Kerry with that rhetoric in his ear.

So anyway. My sister and brother in law will probably not vote at all because they feel they'll just cancel each other out.

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: So my bro-in-law\'s on the fence, but 51% Kerry

Hopefully your sister will vote and your brother in law wont /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Someone just called me for Stephanie Herseth and told me when I needed to vote, so hoorah!

I like Herseth, guns, dead babies, it's all good

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Someone just called me for Stephanie Herseth and told me when I needed to vote, so hoorah!

I like Herseth, guns, dead babies, it's all good

[/ QUOTE ] I get those calls all the time. Stephanie Herseth hasn't been in office long enough for me too really form a opinion. I'd like too see Thune beat Daschle.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Daschle is a dirty **** rag

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Daschle is a dirty **** rag

[/ QUOTE ] That's why I want too see Thune get his job. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Please excuse the vulgarity, I assumed it would be auto censored

An interesting philisophical query "Does intent change when one knows it shall be blocked?"

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My Mother in law is coming this week to spend time with My Wife for the last part of the pregnancy. She is a Kerry supporter and is also dating a (liberal) guy who worked for the former Gov. Gray Davis /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif So school will be in session and the Mother in law will get reeducated and shown the light at the end of the tunnel with My superior conservative thinking and tactics /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you have a very cool brother-in-law. The big family friend also! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Go Kerry!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like you have a very cool brother-in-law. The big family friend also! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Go Kerry!!!!

[/ QUOTE ] Do you understand Kerry is supported by those who want too take away our right too go wheeling ??? No offence, but your support of Kerry is like saying; "Screw your off roading" and "Screw your guns, no more shooting for you" and also "Screw your views, the UN will decide US policeys". All those are importent to people like me, and that's why we support Bush. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ya know, it's kinda sad when enough Americans perceive the UN as an effective organization, that a candidate for president can actually use them in a campaign promise.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Looks like another thread is gonna get locked /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Everytime You jump in on someones thread anymore post start getting deleated and the whole thing gets locked up. Quit stiring the pot and causing trouble.

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ya know, it's kinda sad when enough Americans perceive the UN as an effective organization, that a candidate for president can actually use them in a campaign promise.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually thats scarry /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

14. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks like another thread is gonna get locked /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Everytime You jump in on someones thread anymore post start getting deleated and the whole thing gets locked up. Quit stiring the pot and causing trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

You as well as others have a choice to be corgile in every discussion/situation. I cannot and will not try to control your emotions. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    When the personal attacks start, that is when things go south. It is as simple as that! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Please, do your part in keeping the threads from getting locked by taking responsibility for your own actions and reactions. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    I challenge you to go back to the threads that have been locked (or any thread for that matter) and take note of “who” started the attacks! I very seldom attack anyone! I do on occasions in an effort to defend myself with the bombardment of insults from some of the members. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Look at how Z3PR handles himself for instance. He and I do not agree often, however I respect the guy a lot because of his demeanor. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Go Kerry!!!!

[/ QUOTE ] Do you understand Kerry is supported by those who want too take away our right too go wheeling ??? No offence, but your support of Kerry is like saying; "Screw your off roading" and "Screw your guns, no more shooting for you" and also "Screw your views, the UN will decide US policeys". All those are importent to people like me, and that's why we support Bush. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe he is trying to take our 4 wheeling or our guns away. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As far as 4 wheeling: Is he the only one responsible for this or do we have a part in it all? We often pay the price for those that are not responsible while 4 wheeling. We also need to be out their restoring trails, picking up trash writing congress etc.

As far as guns: We need to be more responsible here as well. We leave or guns loaded, leave then with no locks, do not secure them in a safe etc.

There is a reason why we have the largest gun related problem. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Why do we always blame everyone else besides ourselves? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Go Kerry!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe he is trying to take our 4 wheeling or our guns away. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As far as 4 wheeling: Is he the only one responsible for this or do we have a part in it all? We often pay the price for those that are not responsible while 4 wheeling. We also need to be out their restoring trails, picking up trash writing congress etc.

As far as guns: We need to be more responsible here as well. We leave or guns loaded, leave then with no locks, do not secure them in a safe etc.

There is a reason why we have the largest gun related problem. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Why do we always blame everyone else besides ourselves? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I tend too belive if elected, anyone would lean tords their supporters, do the stuff the people who voted for them wishes. The Seirra club endorses John Kerry for President. Demograts are also known too be anti-gun. John Kerry is big time Pro UN. So all that is enough for me too say "Oh Hell No" to Kerry.

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Go Kerry!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the liberal moron here, you tell us. The liberals are taking rights away, and you blame the American people. Dude, back away from the elmers glue and stop eating the crayons. This isn't kindergarten anymore! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

18. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Go Kerry!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the liberal moron here, you tell us. The liberals are taking rights away, and you blame the American people. Dude, back away from the elmers glue and stop eating the crayons. This isn't kindergarten anymore! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Managing Strong Emotions /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Go Kerry!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I tend too belive if elected, anyone would lean tords their supporters, do the stuff the people who voted for them wishes. The Seirra club endorses John Kerry for President. Demograts are also known too be anti-gun. John Kerry is big time Pro UN. So all that is enough for me too say "Oh Hell No" to Kerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn't GW...selling public lands...
    so it doesn't really matter. Either way...we're FAQED!!!

For Sale: Record amount of oil and gas leases on public lands in Utah
    September 08, 2004: The Bush administration is set to auction a record amount of federal lands in Utah -- some 480,000 acres -- for leasing to oil and gas companies, including 20,000 acres that the Bureau of Land Management identified as "potential wilderness" as recently as five years ago. Those wilderness-worthy lands are now open to drilling because of a legal settlement reached last year between Utah's then-governor, Mike Leavitt, and the Interior Department which overturned the federal government's wilderness designation process in the state. Critics point out that oil and gas drilling requires significant amounts of infrastructure, including roads, wells, drill pads, waste pits, and pumping stations. Drilling on these pristine lands, they say, likely will harm wildlife and recreational values , and lead to pollution.

GW...will probably make our trails into gas/oil access roads. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Go Kerry!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn't GW...selling public lands...
    so it doesn't really matter. Either way...we're FAQED!!!

For Sale: Record amount of oil and gas leases on public lands in Utah
    September 08, 2004: The Bush administration is set to auction a record amount of federal lands in Utah -- some 480,000 acres -- for leasing to oil and gas companies, including 20,000 acres that the Bureau of Land Management identified as "potential wilderness" as recently as five years ago. Those wilderness-worthy lands are now open to drilling because of a legal settlement reached last year between Utah's then-governor, Mike Leavitt, and the Interior Department which overturned the federal government's wilderness designation process in the state. Critics point out that oil and gas drilling requires significant amounts of infrastructure, including roads, wells, drill pads, waste pits, and pumping stations. Drilling on these pristine lands, they say, likely will harm wildlife and recreational values , and lead to pollution.

GW...will probably make our trails into gas/oil access roads. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Is that as bad as the Kerry supporter want all off road trail everywhere closed to motorised vehicles ?? I can't speak for Utah, but around here, there is no oil drilling up in the Black Hills, but the The Sierra Club is trying too shut down all the trails.