Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SO, My Employer is looking to outsorce

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigMac, Nov 5, 2002.

1. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

A new trend in my industry is rearing it's ugly head... Layoffs are not enough..making me be the angel of death is not enough, nooooo. Now the bean counters are seeing if they can replace my whole dept with an outside company..

I hate looking for work.... but my resume is updated and I've already had a couple of thanks but no thanks letters...

I think the worst part is going to be the training... I can already hear myself... "Martin, this is so and so. He's going to be working with you for a phew days to get a feel for the facility." "Yeh, ok. Todays plan is netsurfing short timer style. Thats it, put your feet up on the desk. No, were not doing rounds today. Scrubbers, yeh we got them."

What exactly are they thinking... Im going to train my replacement! I think not. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Find out who they are going to outsource to, and put in your resume!

3. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

The new company will possibly absorb our techs.. We lose our med benies in the deal... Since I cover med and dental for my family.. it's not a good option. It also puts me in the position of training my replacement..something that is about equal to hovering over my grave to me...