Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

So my friend calls me a minute ago...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My friend calls from Walgreen's a minute ago to tell me that my mom helped him in the pharmacy like I would give a flying fudgecicle... Says he's got walking pneumonia and that I should go over to his house and hang out before work... Whatever, I'm not going to go to someone's house to get pneumonia, what kind of sick freak is this guy? I catch like everything my friends get from going to hang out whether they're deathly sick or not, and now I have bills to pay and crap, I can't afford to miss work because my friend got me sick... no way... nope... not me...

And he thinks me and him and my ex GF and one of our other friends should all rent a house together because his mom wants him and his sister to move out by June 1st when her boyfriend moves in /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I could handle living with the other person... but yeah, not my Ex GF even though she's still my friend... and my friend that called... might have to lock the doors, he decided to be gay /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif plus it might interfere with my plans to move to Colorado in August /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif so I was like hell no, biatch... go get a better job than Chick-Fil-A... or a second job... and get a house on your own damnit, don't bring me into it, I don't want to be committed to living in Wyoming any longer than I need to

2. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Is WY really that bad? I plan on moving out there in 06'. It cant be any worse than Wisconsin.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Capman: I think he wants to make out with you /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

SS: My brother was in Larime for a year and a half and loved it. The only thing he didnt like was the cold.

Nick

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SS: My brother was in Larime for a year and a half and loved it. The only thing he didnt like was the cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

SS will probably be bothered by the heat after moving out from WI /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

How old are you? If you're under 30 and don't wear a cowboy hat and don't listen to country music and you don't want to live in a town of 53,000 or less, there's no place for you here... Seriously... The only things for young people to do around here are drive around, hang out at the pool hall, drink, smoke, get pregnant at 17, and be a cowboy...

People around here often wonder why so many young people leave and go to work in Colorado. "Them darn greenies stealin our youngin away." This state is going nowhere. It's run by a bunch of IDIOTS who refuse to let the state grow into it's potential. Maybe someday someone will realize that having a ranch and working the whole family on it is a thing of the past... And maybe someone will realize that not everyone likes country music... and maybe someone will allow a big major company that could bring some good money and jobs into the area to set up shop. But I seriously doubt it. This place is too old-fashioned and old-west style, and the old people and leaders refuse to let that go. We're not in the 1800's anymore, main street is paved, we don't ride horse drawn carriages into town to buy some milk, and there aren't anymore gunfights at the OK Frickin Corrall...

I'm fine with keeping the rodeos and cowboy hats, but the state's going to go straight to hell fast if these old fashioned people don't figure out that we NEED some big companies. There aren't any new jobs in this state, because about 90% of the companies that try to come in are shot down by the locals and end up going to Colorado, but not before pissing off half the state because they might build their plant on someones precious field of weeds and dirt. And even worse, at least 80% of those companies that are somehow allowed to come in are forced to shut down after a year or two because it costs so damn much and no one shops there.

So yeah... if you're an old redneck who wishes to be back in the 1800's chasing Billy The Kid, come to Wyoming, otherwise don't waste your time and go straight to Colorado where there's at least SOME opportunity and some good college education to be had about things OTHER than raising cows.

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How old are you? If you're under 30 and don't wear a cowboy hat and don't listen to country music and you don't want to live in a town of 53,000 or less, there's no place for you here... Seriously... The only things for young people to do around here are drive around, hang out at the pool hall, drink, smoke, get pregnant at 17, and be a cowboy...

[/ QUOTE ]

And whats wrong with being a cowboy?? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Nothing at all... But if you're not a cowboy, you're not going to fit in too well in Wyoming /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Capman: I think he wants to make out with you /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too worried about that /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif but I'd have to take a chick with me and keep my arm around her so the landlord doesn't get the wrong idea /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

9. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Dude you gona move to Fort Fun? lotsa hotties running around here...I LOVE COLLEGE! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Chris

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Greeley... I was going to go to CSU because I could've sworn they had a hospitality major... but I couldn't find any info on it when it came time to apply... UNC is cheaper for out of state anyway...

It's wack, I have to pay out of state because I live 50 miles away /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif but I don't want to put it off any longer just so I can get residency...

11. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Im 19, and ironically Im moving there because of the old style of living. Mainly its the laws, wide open ranges and cheap land that attract me to that state specifically. Montana and Alaska are good choices too. I actually love freezing cold so Alaska would be wonderful, but I dont know if I would feel like an American if I wasnt living in the mainland US. I cant stand the commies here in WI, soon this will be California II. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

nice rant bro /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    but come live here in new york for a while and you will appreciate all of the stuff that you are complaining about now...the small amounts of farm and wilderness land around here is being turned into factories and your typical sub-urban soccer mom homes.. really sux to see em build 50+ houses on what used to be farm land, you can see a neighbor any direction you look out the window, and there are no trees /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif im 23yo and do listen to country music but i work at IBM /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I wish i had your problems(other than the whole gay friend thing) /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Don't worry about the pneumonia, he already gave it to your Mom. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Funny you mentioned fudgsicle. I think that, and AIDS, may be a bigger concern if you go to his house. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Wow, I love Cheyenne even more now! No big business? No rapidly expanding suburbs of cookie cutter houses? Old sashined gun toting cowboys with a real sense of honor? I'm there!

15. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I used to think that way when I was growing up in Iowa. Then I traveled the world and U.S.A with the Marines. Right now I am stationed near Washington D.C. and I can't wait to move to northern Minnesota in a couple months where there is nothing but trees and farmland. People always complain about small town living, it's not as bad as you think. I miss being able to drive 10 miles on the interstate in 10 minutes instead of an hour. Or go to the grocery store and not have to wait in line for 30 min. Plus, the higher the quantity of people in a particular area, the lower the quality of the people in the area. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This place is too old-fashioned and old-west style, and the old people and leaders refuse to let that go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people like that way of life and it's just dandy........ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

A-[darn]-men

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I agree with Dirty Steve. I can't wait to move out of the city. Getting mugged sucks, getting carjacked sucks, getting my apartment robbed sucks. When I'm spending the night with someone who lives in the country, I sometimes have trouble sleeping because I'd used to sirens blasting by my window and choppers flying over all the damn time(I live between two regional hospitals). And I live next to Interstate 35, so I get hear the bigrigs hittin the jake brake at all hours of the day. Yeah, city life is the greatest... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif