Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so my girlfriend calls and says her car wont start...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by spongeidys, Oct 21, 2005.

1. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

so i go down to see what the problem is...after a little while i find out that that car wont start cause its in reverse :doah:

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Wimmens... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :doah:

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my cousins wife did the same thing. :haha: :haha: :haha:

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I was at the store once and there was this old lady who's car would not start. So I looked it over for her and then reached in and it started right up. Then I turned it off and she got back in and it would not start again. I scratched My head and looked in the passenger window and told her to try it again. I found out the problem when I watched her turn the key to accessory.
    :whistle:

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Back when i drove a tow truck, i had a call that a car wouldn't start, i drove 45 minutes, across town to her location, got in the car, looked things over, along with all the dirt, noticed the floor shifter was in "D", moved it into the "P" position, turned the key and she was SOOO happy,,,,

YES i chargerd her for the service call, well her insurance anyways,,

not my problem she was having brain cell communication problems

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:. sounds like the lady that I helped Saturday. she claimed her head lights wouldn't work. the guy at the store and I found the fuse box and while he went to get a fuse puller, I switched the lights on and they both worked in dim and bright. needless to say, I think her light was out :whistle: :whistle:

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

My sister too!

My sister called crying in a town 15 miles away once--she'd stopped to get a soda,and her car wouldn't start..so I drive all the way there,find out where she was--it was just the shifter was left in "drive". :surepal: --I put it in park,it fired right up!..she was pretty embarrassed! :blush: I brought a ton of tools,jumper cables,etc,for nothing!--she's lucky it didn't roll away on her!. :rolleyes:

Just today a nice looking young girl about 17 came in my friend shop ,says her headlights arent working,the directionals blink fast on one side,slowly on the other,and both indicators on the dash glow constantly!..she said it all started when her brother changed a few burnt out bulbs a week ago..sounds like my friend will have fun tommorrow figuring that mess out! :doah: --her brother probably stuck any old bulbs in it!..

but then he told me..

"She came in about 6 months ago--not long after she got the car--says her dashboard lights dont work anymore!...so I get in,pull out the light switch--no dash lights! --hmmm!,maybe a blown fuse?--then I rotate the knob,and they come on brighter and brighter!(just like they are suposed too!)..She watched in amazement,and says "WOW!--I knew you were good at fixing cars,but I didn't know you were THAT good!" :p: --he then explained how the "dimmer" portion of the switch worked,and she was like OHHH!..I NEVER knew THAT!.. :haha: :haha: :haha: .. I got a laugh out of that one..

8. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not long after buying my blazer, my wife needed to borrow it to haul tables for work. I was working in a construction trailer at the same hospital that she worked at. I left early to go grocery shopping and it was raining buckets.

She decided to come by and see me at the trailer and proceeded to get stuck in a concrete washout in 2wd. She trudged 1/4 mile to the nearest phone to leave me a message at the house, no cell at the time.

I got her message 2 hours later at the house and went to see what had happened. She was yelling and bitching and carrying on about the piece of **** truck. Then she learned to lock hubs and shift into 4wd and it got unstuck real quick.

The best part-
    She was so embarrassed about being stuck, she didn't even go into the office to ask for help where one of the guys could have showed her how to lock it in. :doah: :haha:

9. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

haha

treads like this make me laugh ;D

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Heehee!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

I'm not too proud to admit that I did something similar. Of course, I was 16 years old, and eventually I figured it out for myself.

Kinda like the time I locked my keys in the car while on a date and had to to get my dad to meet me in the restaurant bathroom to drop off the spare set..........:doah: :haha:

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

When I locked the keys in my car when I was 16 I was told to get a cloths hanger and given breif instructions over the phone. After I finally managed to get damn thing open I realized my rear sliding window was open still :doah:

12. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

At least she did'nt say that it was running low on 710

13. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

When me and my wife meet she had a little plymouth car. She never liked driving it in the winter time because it never got hot. She drove that car for almost 5 years before she meet me and had bought it new, the damn thermostat had been stuck open from the factory. Needless to say it was like a new car when I replace the thermostat.

14. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

There is a single element bulb in a dual element socket. Seen it many times. Sometimes you can hit the brake pedal and make the dash lights come on. Or if the keys are out and the door is open you can hit the brakes and the "lights on" chime will start.

15. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

the dumbist i ever did was got stuck after i JUST got my blazer, and now had to get out to lock the hubs, OK done, (sub had autos) get in shift in rev, and still stuck, hummm so i rock it a bit hummmmm, dumb ass, still need to shift in 4wd!

16. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

i've had three of these in the last two weeks and they were all different people.
    They are all in college, i guess i'm glad i didn't go, prob would have made me even dumber than i am now...

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Thats possible..

We figured it might be the wrong bulbs,like 1157's in place of 2057's or something!..I didn't go there yesterday to see,as much as I'd have liked another peek at that girl--she didn't look 17 to me--her chest was at least 30.. :eek1: :bow: :haha: ..

Another good one I heard about was a guys wife I know--she "ran out of gas" one night on her way home from the mall,in her husbands truck...so she calls a AAA wrecker,and gets the truck towed home..her son came home shortly thereafter,and he put a few gallons of gas in for her from the gas can for their lawnmower,and got it started..she says "OH,Good!!--lets go fill it up,I don't want your father to know I ran it dry,he'll be pissed!..so off they go to the gas station..

When she gets there,the attendant asks "how much"--she says "Fill it UP!"=--the guy walks around the truck,looks it over,and asks.. "BOTH tanks????" :thinking: :rotfl: :rotfl: :haha: :haha:

The truck had dual tanks!--and to add to her embarrasment--she remembered her husband showing her the switch to change over to the other tank..and forgot all about it... of course,the other tank was full!--she went to college too.. :rolleyes: :p: :crazy:

18. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

My girlfriends mom drove her dodge cummins through a carwash...with the gas door open...and the gas cap off... :eek1:

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I did something kinda dumb like this, too, this week... I took apart my bike last week and had shut the fuel valve off.
    I drove it to work and back 2x, a few errands, and went for a cruise today to look at a truck. I knew I was low on gas and had been ignoring it. Well, out of the blue, it started running really bad and refusing to do anything more than idle... I knew I pushed the limit on the fuel-up.
    So I'm still about a mile away from a gas station, and I start going up a hill, reallllly slow, with traffic collecting behind me. I figure I'll take a chance and try to switch to reserve fuel while I'm moving and see if I can eek a little more out. As soon as I touch the fuel valve I felt it in the "Off" position... :doah: :doah: :doah: :doah: :doah:
    I flipped it to primary, and revved up like I was on a brand new tank.

Then there was that time in the Wendy's parking lot when I went to hit the start button and hit the Horn button instead... :blush: :blush:

I've had a Dodge Intrepid for a couple years now, never knowing it had an alarm (it had a little red LED on the dash, but whatever). When I had radio problems, I bumped a wire under the dash that I couldn't really identify. I fixed it and moved on.
    I got off my train the next night, real cold and crappy out, and I hear a car alarm. As I'm walking to my car, taking out my keys, unlocking the door to get in, I'm thinking "What a loser! That alarm sounds about 10 years old, and why the frig hasn't he shut it off yet?? I'm all dazed from the train ride, I don't need that annoying noise in my head".
    Then I see my dashlights flashing, and realize I'm the loser... As my car refuses to start...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2005
  20. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Got too love that