Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

so my horn doesnt work..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, May 10, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

were should i look first? what fuses should i check? how do i test the horn with out pushing the botton? my dad did it once with his truck and made the horn go of but i cant remember how he did it..i never really cared that it didnt work but i got the idea of putting a musical horn in it and i got to get it working.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You can use a test light at the horns themselves. Unplug the horn and put the probe end of the test light into the female plug you just pulled off the horn. Attach the alligator clip at the other end of the test light to ground (bare steel)

While watching the test light have someone push the horn button...if the test light comes on you have 12 volts to the horns. Make sure the horns are mounted securely...

If you don't have 12 volts at the horns you can use the test light to check your fuses. Alligator clip to ground and use the probe end to touch the ends of the blade fuses. If the light comes on on only one side of the fuse it's blown.

If you have 12 volts at the horns and they don't work you prolly need new horns. It's a good junkyard item that shouldn't cost ya much.

Rene

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok thanx ill give that a shot!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif